Nurse Practitioner Job In Berwyn, Illinois
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners needed for exciting Inpatient position near Chicago, IL - BerwynPsychiatric Nurse Practitioners needed for exciting Inpatient position near Chicago, IL - BerwynNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Michael Martin: Sign in to view
|MacNeal Hospital is a full-service community hospital located in Berwyn-IL. The Behavioral Health Unit is a 63-bed unit and they care for patients 18 years and older. Each inpatient unit works with specific segments of the community, including adults with substance abuse problems, mental health issues and geriatric-related mental health needs.
Chicago Health Medical Group is a multi-specialty physician group. Currently we employ approximately 100 plus providers. Chicago Health Medical Group believes a patient relationship is a partnership that spans a lifetime. Great communication is the key to good health. Our mission is to provide quality healthcare with compassion, respect and excellence. We don’t know what tomorrow will hold, but we do know who holds tomorrow and our future: our patients.
To be recognized as our patients’ advocates by:
• Providing quality healthcare to meet the needs of our community
• Providing service excellence
• Being the physician group of choice
• Meeting our patients’ emotional and physical needs
Members of group & years with the group: currently the Behavioral Health unit does not employ NP’s
Hours and Call requirements: Full Time- 40 hours a week
Average daily patient census: TBD
Special procedures, training, or experience needed: Psychiatry experience is a plus
Equipment or services available in the office:
Candidates will work in close collaboration with the Nursing Director of Psychiatry & Behavioral Health Services and the patient’s psychiatrist. The Nurse Practitioner coordinates decision making with the psychiatrist, in the assessment, diagnosis, and initiation of delegated medical treatments.
Description of candidate that would be successful in this position:
Spanish Speaking is a plus but not required. Current licensure as a Registered Nurse and
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner in the state of Illinois.
1. Completion of Bachelor’s Program from an accredited school of Nursing.
2. Completion of Master’s Program from an accredited school of Nursing.
3. Completion of an accredited program for nurse practitioners including preceptor ship.
4. Current certification as a Nurse Practitioner (in family, adult, or geriatric nursing) or as
an advanced practice nurse with a specialty in Psychiatric Nursing.
5. Three (3) years of clinical experience
6. Current CPR certification.
7. Professional competence documented by references based on nursing experience, education or both.
8. The analytical ability necessary to assess a patient’s condition and utilize the nursing process and professional judgment in providing comprehensive care to patients.
9. Eligible for core privileges and prescriptive authority in advanced practice nursing.
10. The interpersonal skills necessary to constantly interact with patients, families, medical personnel and other members of the health care team.
11. The ability to perform effectively and efficiently under the pressure of stressful or emergency situations.
Chicago is the third most populous city in the United States, after New York City and Los Angeles. Contains over 600 public elementary and high schools citywide, including several selective-admission magnet schools. Since the 1850s, Chicago has been a world center of higher education and research with several universities that are in the city proper or in the immediate environs. Chicago also has a concentration of graduate schools, seminaries and theological schools. Chicago is a major transportation hub in the United States. It is an important component in global distribution, as it is the third largest inter-modal port in the world after Hong Kong and Singapore. Summers are hot and humid, winters are cold and snowy, and springs and falls are temperate and enjoyable. Lake Michigan has beaches for recreation.