Nurse Practitioner Job In Vernon, Connecticut
Nurse PractitionerNext Steps... Apply Now
Imagine living in an authentic large town with a small town home feel. Located northeast of the capital, Hartford, you are exposed to the wonderful historic buildings and central business district, but also the 1,000 acres of park land and gardens. You will be in a great central location that allows you to travel to New York City or Boston in just a couple of hours. There is a range of housing styles and prices in attractive neighborhoods, an award-winning school system, performing arts organizations, libraries and friendly, community-spirited residents.
This is your opportunity to be a part of hospitalist services at Rockville General Hospital, a community hospital providing comprehensive general medical and surgical services. Featuring a comprehensive list of specialties, this hospital is a leader in addressing the health and medical needs of the community.
The Team – The Hospital
- 10K Sign On Bonus!
- Above Market Compensation!
- 100 bed hospital with extremely strong team of sub-specialties
- Established 18 physician team with advanced practitioners and hospitalist RN
- Open ICU, no procedures
- You should be comfortable with rapid response and code blue
- Block schedule with 26 weeks off annually
- Day positions only
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient on-line and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
- Experience with independent panel of patients
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform dictation of discharge summary and procedure reports
- Write progress notes
- Order routine and special laboratory studies
- Write orders for inpatient and outpatient medicine
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP scope of practice
*** Current, unrestricted license in CT and certification in ACLS required. Will consider Family Practice or Geriatric Certification with recent acute care experience. Not open to new grads – ideally looking for candidate with minimum of 2 years with recent acute care experience.
As an Advanced Practitioner with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams.
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.