Family Medicine Job In Akron, Ohio
HospitalistNext Steps... Apply Now
Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
- 532-bed regional hospital
- Established 24 physician team with 4 advanced practitioners and clinical performance nurse
- Subspecialty support to include anesthesiology, endoscopy, a heart and vascular center, infectious disease, nephrology, pain management, radiology, pulmonary medicine, surgery, and urology
- No codes required; no call
- Closed ICU; no procedures
- EPIC EMR
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and filing services are covered
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Located on 35 minutes from Cleveland, Akron is the 5th largest city in Ohio, with a population of approximately 700,000 in the Greater Akron Metropolitan area. Home to theaters, museums, cultural centers, and ample restaurants and shopping hot spots, Akron offers something for everyone! If you enjoy golf, the PGA World Golf Championships travels to Akron each year for the Bridgestone Invitational at Firestone Country Club! If you love laid-back family festivals, Akron hosts the National Hamburger Festival, consisting of different vendors serving original recipe hamburgers and a Miss Hamburger contest! If you are more of an art lover, the E.J. Thomas Hall regularly shows performances by the Akron Symphony Orchestra, Broadway musicals, ballets, comedies, lectures, and entertainers! If you have an itch to travel, the Akron-Canton Regional Airport and Cleveland Hopkins International Airport are both easily accessible so you can see the world! Rising from the rolling hills of the Western Reserve along the Ohio and Erie Canal, Akron is a vital heartland city and an ideal place to live and work in the Midwest.
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.