Family Medicine Job In Mason City, Iowa
HospitalistNext Steps... Apply Now
Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Join a team of 10 dedicated hospitalists at Mercy Medical Center - North Iowa, a 350 bed regional, referral teaching hospital that is committed to providing compassionate & personalized care through cutting-edge technology. The hospital serves a 14-county area encompassing a population of 220,000 residents. Our physicians in Mason City, Iowa have support with all the diagnostic technology needed to provide quality care, including CT, MRI, PET, & Pathologists with an accredited full-service laboratory. A full range of medical & surgical subspecialties is available including Cardiac Surgery, Interventional Cardiology, Neurosurgery, Neurology, Nephrology, Interventional Radiology, a comprehensive Cancer Center, & more.
- Established 10 physician team with a clinical performance nurse and onsite hospitalist coordinator
- No call
- Open ICU with full intensivist and sub-specialty support
- No procedures required, but comfort with basic hospitalist procedures a plus (intubations and central lines are NOT required)
- Hospitalists work an average of 2-night shifts a month (24 nights a year) with flexibility in scheduling when those shifts are fulfilled
- Cerner EMR
- H1b eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and filing services are covered
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
Location & Lifestyle
Mason City / Clear Lake, Iowa is a hub for activity in Northern Iowa/Southern Minnesota, Mason City/Clear Lake has a combined population of 45,000+. This family-oriented community boasts an extremely low cost of living, affordable housing, excellent school systems (public and private) with a full array of extra-curricular activities as well as accelerated programs; fine arts museum, dance studios, performing arts theaters, multiplex movie theaters, and a regional orchestra. Other activities available include the indoor ice facility, home to NAHL’s Junior, A North Iowa hockey team, Outdoor activities abound with golf, tennis, soccer, baseball, hiking, biking, hunting and fishing. Sailing and boating are available in Clear Lake which is a vacationer’s paradise. The region is bustling and progressive with a sound economy supported by diverse businesses and industries. Mason City/Clear Lake does have a small regional airport with direct flights to Minneapolis and Chicago. If you prefer to drive, you can find an international airport within 115 miles! Minneapolis, Des Moines, and Cedar Rapids are all within a few hours away. Rochester and Cedar Falls/Waterloo are even closer! You really live the best of all worlds in this outstanding community.
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.