General/Adult Psychiatry Job In Modesto, California
Full-time Northern California Psych Opportunity at 67-bed Adult Inpatient UnitNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Jeff Toyne: Sign in to view
Doctors Behavioral Health Center is a 67-bed acute care adult inpatient Psychiatric hospital located in Modesto, California (www.dbhc-modesto.com). With a population of approximately 200,000, Modesto offers affordable housing and close proximity to many Northern California locations such as San Francisco (90 miles), Sacramento (75 miles), Monterey/Carmel, various wine regions, Lake Tahoe and Yosemite National Park. Enjoy all that Northern California has to offer from the Sierras to the sea!
· Currently 100% inpatient with future combined outpatient rotation
· Only Psych hospital in 6 counties - 500,000 draw area
· Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
· Workload expectation: up to 14 patients/day
· Currently developing outpatient services at which point the inpatient workload will be adjusted to accommodate the outpatient rotation
· $368,000 base pay (annual collections guarantee for coverage 230 weekdays/year)
· Additional Call coverage required based on rotation:
· Weekday Call shift – Monday-Friday, 4:00 PM – 8:00 AM = weekday Call is “phone only” and rarely requires physician to come in)
· Weekend Rounding Call shift – Saturday/Sunday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (round on up to 17 patients)
· Weekend 24-Hour Call shift (includes rounding on up to 17 patients + after-hour “phone only” Call) – Saturday/Sunday, 8:00 AM – 8:00 AM
· Independent contractor position (1099)
Modesto is located 92 miles East of Downtown San Francisco. This is a family oriented community, without the congestion and high housing costs of the big city, but with access to the Bay Area, Napa-Sonoma, Lake Tahoe, Mammoth, Yosemite, the California Delta Waterway and more.
Doctors Medical Center of Modesto was opened on July 7, 1962, by a group of local physicians. In 1979, to better reflect its full scope of services, Doctors Hospital of Modesto was renamed Doctors Medical Center.
A $72 million expansion allows Doctors Medical Center to meet the growing health care needs in the areas of trauma, cardiology, high-risk obstetrics, neonatal intensive care, neurology and oncology.
Today, Doctors Medical Center has established itself in the Central Valley as a provider of quality medical care and treatment.
The 465-bed, multispecialty hospital is part of Tenet HealthSystem, a nationwide provider of health care services. Doctors Medical Center is fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, is licensed by the state of California and is an approved provider of benefits for many insurance plans in addition to Medicare and Medi-Cal.