Nurse Practitioner Job In Boston, Massachusetts
Nurse Practitioner or Physician AssistantNext Steps... Apply Now
A Collegial Practice That Works For You
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. Sound values our advanced practice providers and realizes they need a forum to collaborate. Our APP collaborative was formed to provide development opportunities and to advance the role of our providers who work alongside our physician providers. We offer the same leadership development opportunities for APP's that are provided to our physician providers.
- Sound Physicians has wonderful opportunities in the Boston area in both acute hospitals of varying size and long-term acute care hospitals
- Night shift opportunities available
- Supportive supervising physicians are available to mentor and collaborate to provide mentoring
- Quality and patient satisfaction initiatives are an integral part of Sound’s way of practicing hospital medicine
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in New York; will consider Family Practice or Geriatric Certification with recent acute care experience
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years with recent acute care experience
Location & Lifestyle
The options are endless - enjoy the 4 seasons with an abundance of activities in this historic region. Whether your niche is sporting events, theatre, history, eating out or just simply enjoying the great outdoors – Boston has it all! You can be part of great suburban living while just outside of all of the big city amenities you could imagine. Along the beautiful east coast, you can enjoy great food and fun near the Massachusetts Bay and the Atlantic Ocean. The school systems in the Greater Boston area are rated one of the highest in the US – from grade school to college there are many options for an outstanding education. Don’t make Boston your vacation – make it your home!
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.