Nurse Practitioner Job In Binghamton, New York
Nurse Practitioner or Physician AssistantNext Steps... Apply Now
A Collegial Practice That Works For You
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. Sound values our advanced practice providers and realizes they need a forum to collaborate. Our APP collaborative was formed to provide development opportunities and to advance the role of our providers who work alongside our physician providers. We offer the same leadership development opportunities for APP's that are provided to our physician providers.
Our Lady of Lourdes, one of the largest community hospitals in the tri-cities area of New York with 267 beds, is a designated stroke center and home to the region's first comprehensive cancer center. The main campus also includes a hospice program, an Ambulatory Surgery Center, ICU, and state of the art ED that cares for more than 40,000 patients annually. In addition to robust ancillary support, Our Lady of Lourdes is a growing teaching hospital. Sound's hospitalists serve as an attending physician to residents and medical interns from Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine. This is a unique opportunity to teach and impact residents in a private practice setting.
- 267-bed, community-based, teaching hospital
- Team of 12 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse with full-subspecialty support
- Academically affiliated – teaching responsibilities (Family Medicine); Launching in-house emergency medicine residency program in July 2020
- Open 10-bed ICU with intensivist support; no procedures required
- Hospitalists run codes with support from Emergency Room and Intensivist
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Awards and Recognitions
- Ranked #21 in U.S News & World Report of America’s best hospitals for 2017-18
- The American Heart Association and American Stroke Association recognized Lourdes as a “Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus facility.”
- Magnet recognition for Nursing Excellence
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in New York; will consider Family Practice or Geriatric certification with a minimum of 1-year recent acute care experience required.
Location & Lifestyle
Binghamton is a midsize University town and the birthplace of IBM. The city has a thriving art community and serves as a regional hub for outdoor activities with miles of hiking and biking trails, as well as PGA golf courses. The community’s cost of living is 10% below the national average, and the public and parochial schools are nationally ranked. Binghamton University, part of the SUNY system, has been ranked in the top 50 public universities for the last 10 years. Recreation and leisure activities are plentiful in Binghamton’s four-season climate and include excellent dining, museums, minor league baseball and hockey, opera, galleries, and historic landmarks.
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.