Pediatric Hospitalist Job In Wichita, Kansas
Pediatric Hospitalist for Clinical/Academic CenterNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Kathy Kyer: Sign in to view
Community Academic Pediatric Hospitalist opportunity – Wichita, KS
The University of Kansas School of Medicine – Wichita is seeking an engaged and highly motivated BC/BE pediatrician to join the Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine at Wesley Children’s Hospital. This established hospitalist program provides direct medical care and co-management for a wide variety of medical and surgical patients of varying acuity. Clinical coverage is in-house during the day with at home call at night. Pediatric hospitalists are part of the faculty in the Department of Pediatrics and enjoy opportunities for career development, research, quality improvement and teaching with the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita.
The University of Kansas School of Medicine- Wichita campus is a traditional four year medical school and supports residency programs in Pediatrics, Internal Medicine/Pediatrics, and Family Medicine. Our division provides clinical care and education in a strong partnership between our school and Wesley Medical Center.
Wesley Children’s hospital, adjacent to Wesley Medical Center is an impressive regional referral center with 31 Pediatric inpatient beds. Additional excellent resources include a 15-bed PICU covered by BC/BE pediatric critical care physicians, a 50-bed NICU covered by BE/BC neonatologists and a centralized pediatric sedation unit. Wichita has a growing and wide variety of pediatric subspecialists including anesthesia, cardiology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, infectious disease, oncology, orthopedics, radiology, and surgery. The inpatient health care team is completed by a superb pediatric nursing staff, centralized pediatric sedation, pediatric pharmacists, dedicated pediatric respiratory therapists, allied health therapists, social work, nutrition, and child life. This opportunity blends community feel and size with the robust pediatric resources of traditional university-based academic opportunities. Wesley was recently named among The Joint Commission’s new list of Top Performers on Key Quality Measures®
The city regularly makes the popular “top city” lists as a smaller metro area with many of the things families are seeking, combined with lower than average cost of living. Most recent: Wichita named to CNN Money's top 10 most affordable real estate markets. Forbes ranks Wichita 11th best city in which to raise a family.
• The metro population is 360,000, but the city is the medical hub for 1.5 million--2/3s of the state of Kansas and parts of contiguous states
• Wichita is home to 70 of the U.S. general aviation industry, with corporations like Boeing, Hawker-Beechcraft and Cessna.
• Other major headquarters in Wichita include Koch Industries, Coleman
• This unique combination of Medical, Aviation and International Business makes Wichita home to an unusually diverse group of internationally born/educated post-graduate degreed professionals
Wichita´s population is 350,000, drawing from 2/3s of the state of Kansas and parts of contiguous states. Wichita was named #1 Most Affordable City in the US by NBC's Today Show in 2010. In 2009, Wichita ranked as one of Forbes' "Best Bang for the Buck" cities and made Money Magazine´s List of 10 best cities in the U.S. Visit the city site for reviews and links to 7 recent national rankings that explain why so many physicians and post graduate-degreed professionals settle in Wichita.
Wesley Medical Center is a regional acute-care center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. The medical staff of 700 physicians and 3,000 employees provides a full range of diagnostic and treatment services for patients from throughout Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Every year, more than 180,000 patients are treated and more than 6,000 babies are born at Wesley. The hospital was founded in 1912 by a regional organization of the Methodist Church and has been part of the HCA hospital system since 1985.
- The largest Emergency Department in Kansas/ Level 1 (highest level) trauma center
- The area's only Gamma Knife Center
- State-of-the-art Neonatal Intensive Care and Pediatric Intensive Care units
- Newly equipped and renovated Cath Lab and EP lab
- Neurodiagnostics and stroke treatment
- Advanced care for high-risk pregnancies
- Cancer care
- The area's only hyperbaric oxygen chambers