Hematology Oncology Job In Sayre, Pennsylvania
Hematology/Oncology - Sayre, PANext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Shannon Anderson: Sign in to view
- We are seeking a candidate that is Board Eligible or Board Certified in Hematology / Oncology and has a clear interest in developing a Breast Cancer Program.
- Sub Specialization in Breast Cancer is preferred as well as experience or an interest in Research and Teaching.
- Guthrie Cancer Center is nationally recognized by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer for delivering comprehensive care through leading-edge technology dedicated to research, employing both multi-center clinical research trials as well as investigator initiated protocols. The Guthrie Cancer Center team offers clinical trials and multidisciplinary tumor boards for breast, lung, hepatobiliary, genitourinary, and head & neck cancers.
- We offer a newly expanded Cancer Center in Sayre, Pennsylvania, featuring 17,000 square feet of space that provides patients with privacy and easier access as well as a brand new Cancer Center in Corning, NY. This new center, along with the skills of experienced, caring staff, created a new era in patient-centered cancer care at Guthrie. Regular rotations through both Cancer Centers would be required.
- 3 Hematology/Oncology Physicians, 1 Hematology Physician, 3 Nurse Practitioners.
- 2 Cancer Centers with a State-of-the-art Radiation Oncology department.
- Dedicated Surgical Oncologist (only fellowship trained Surg/Onc in the area) and Dedicated Breast Surgeon as well as several fellowship trained radiologists in women's imaging.
- We provide Advanced Endoscopy including EUS and Advanced Pulmonary Procedures including EBUS.
- We have an established Pathology Department that includes a fellowship trained Dermatopathologist, two fellowship trained hematopathologists and a fellowship trained Cytologist.
- Participation in the Guthrie exclusive docForward Onboarding Program which is designed for physician success at Guthrie
Located just a few miles from the New York border, the Sayre area is proximate to the major cities of the northeast: Philadelphia, New York City, Buffalo, Rochester and Niagara Falls--all are within 3-1/2 hours' drive. The area is renowned for its maple products (syrup, sugar, candy) wine, dairy, apple and corn production. 30 miles south of the Finger Lake Region of New York State:
- Lakes, waterfalls, wineries and amazing 4-season recreation
- 1 hour from Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania
- Easy driving distance to most major cities in the Northeast
- Excellent schools and affordable housing; low cost-of-living. Safe place to raise a family
Choice to live and/or play in several different communities. In addition, two international airports are approximately 2 hours away.
Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and Upstate New York, serving patients from an 11-county service area. Guthrie is comprised of a research institute, home care/hospice, hospitals in Sayre, Pa., Corning, N.Y., Towanda, Pa., and Troy, Pa., as well as a multi-specialty group practice of more than 290 physicians and 155 mid-level providers in a regional office network encompassing sub-specialty and primary care sites in 23 communities throughout Pennsylvania and New York. Guthrie offers a wide range of services and programs designed to enhance the health and well-being of those it serves.