Family Medicine Job In Bangor, Maine
HospitalistNext Steps... Apply Now
Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Join our established 10 physician hospitalist team at St. Joseph’s Hospital as they strive to provide the Bangor community with high-quality healthcare. Our physicians may come from all over, but they are united in a shared passion for their patients and for the community they find themselves a part of.
- 161 annual shifts providing 3 weeks additional time off compared to a traditional 182 shift program
- Blocked schedules with a focus on continuity of care
- Open ICU with robust sub-specialty back-up and no procedures required
- Productivity and quality bonuses
- Relocation package and commencement available
- J1 eligible facility
- Access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees are paid and services covered
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
Location & Lifestyle
Looking for a good job is a lot like looking for a good book: You want to find a setting you love, characters you care about, and a story you want to be a part of. And when you do, you don't want to stop. As a Hospitalist Physician in Maine, you'll find just that...and a good read along the way.
Join Sound Physicians' established Hospitalist program at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Bangor, Maine, and live amongst the likes of Stephen King, walk in the footsteps of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, and admire the same breathtaking views as Thoreau. With a flexible block schedule and an additional three weeks off per year, you'll have plenty of time to take in Maine's rich literary history by visiting the homestead of E.B. White, author of Charlotte's Web, and relaxing along the scenic cliffs with a short story from Ann Beattie.
Become a part of Sound Physicians and begin writing your story in Bangor, Maine.
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.