Hospitalist Job In Salina, Kansas
Midwest Hospitalist - ICU w/ Intensivist Coverage & Procedures Opt.Next Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Larry Showalter: Sign in to view
Salina, Kansas 67401 Type of Facility: Hospital Job Type:Employee
At Salina Regional Health Center, our people absolutely make the difference. With 90+ employed physicians & 75+ advanced practice providers, you will have access to most specialties.
At SRHC we believe in patient centered, high quality care, simplicity in access to care, and stewardship in giving back to the community. Our providers are engaged at work, in their home and in the community. What will you bring to the team?
Salina Regional Health Center, a non-profit facility in Salina, KS, is now seeking BE/BC Internal Medicine, Med/Peds or Family Medicine physicians to join our hospitalist team!
Hospitalist Team –
- Nine Hospitalists on staff + 1 APP’s
- Share call with a team of 4 physicians from 7 am to 7 pm, nocturnist coverage from 7 pm to 7 am
- Enjoy the balance of community, family & career with a schedule of 7 days on/ 7 days off
- Team oriented atmosphere
- Average patient encounters are 14 -16; capped at 20 patient encounters per day
- Non-profit, 501(c)3 facility and qualifies under the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- TEACH! Salina is home to KU School of Medicine-Salina and Smoky Hill Family Medicine Residency (optional)
About Salina Regional Health Center
- Level III trauma center with 8 operating rooms
- Certified for 365 beds; average census is 150-160
- Patient tower built in 2009 with 100% private patient rooms with lifts
- 18 bed, open ICU, renovated in 2013 with intensivist coverage
- Salina Regional Medical Group employs 90+ physicians and 75+ APP’s
- Specialties available for patients include; 24/7 cardiothoracic surgery, 24/7 neurosurgery, oncology, neurology, orthopedic surgery & more!
- Working on becoming accredited as a certified stroke center
- Great work environment & resources as the average physician tenure is 17 years!
- Salina has a population of 50,000 but due to it's location, pulls in patients from a region of 250,000!
- Sign On Bonus
- Relocation Allowance
- Base Compensation plus Quality, Patient Satisfaction and RVU bonuses
- CME Time Off & Allowance
- Paid Malpractice
- Retirement + Match
- Health, Dental & Vision
- Monthly stipend available to residents and fellows while finishing last two years of training
About Salina, Kansas
- Located in the heart of Kansas, population 50,000
- GREAT schools and fantastic community to raise a family
- Large farming and industrial community
- Like the outdoors? Close to many golf courses, lakes, hiking trails & state parks
- Great options for arts & entertainment
- Hobbies?? We have them! Golf, disc golf, hiking, biking, running, theatre, dancing, skiing, boating, camping, exploring, shopping, cultural events, spirituality, aviation, semi-professional football team, drive in theatre, swimming, photography, dining, history, pottery and much, much more!!!
- Ideal location; Salina is 1.5 hours north of Wichita, 2.5 hours west of Kansas City, 4 hours from Omaha, NE & 6 hours to Denver, CO.
Check out our website, www.salinaphysicianopportunities.com, to watch videos of physicians and community members discuss what it's like to work, live and play in Salina.
(785) 488-7728 (Cell)
(785) 452-6274 (Office)
Salina is a progressive city with a growing population of 50,000. A diverse economy and strong work ethic allows the community to continually rank among Kansas' best in such areas as cost of living, regional trade pull, unemployment, and personal income. Our community serves as the regional hub for state-of-the-art medical services and also serves as the regional hub for retail trade and entertainment. Our community also provides many educational opportunities that range from private and public grade schools to four year universities. Enjoy the areas vast recreational amenities, some of which include our beautiful golf courses, parks and lakes. The performing arts center, community theater, remarkable zoo and entertaining festivals are among the many activities you and your family will enjoy.
Salina has been selected by Business Week magazine as one of the best places in Kansas to raise your kids! For those of us familiar with the community, this is no surprise.
Exciting things happening at Salina Regional Health Center
Salina Regional Health Center, located in Salina, Kansas, is a comprehensive acute care hospital that serves all of North Central Kansas. Our commitment to excellence makes a difference in people's lives, giving them the confidence that comes from getting better and stronger, every day. At Salina Regional, physicians practice old-fashioned compassion, complemented with the latest technologies to make healing happen even faster, delivering confidence for today, for the future, and for the good life.
A Leader in Healthcare
- January 2017, SRHC was awarded Primary Stroke Certification by the Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program.
- January 2016 SRHC launched a telemedicine service line to include behavioral health, nutritional & diabetic counseling and general surgery.
- August 2014 SRHC received an award for HealthCare's 2014 Most Wired Hospital. Health Networks magazine named Salina Regional Health Center among the 2014 Most Wired Hospitals. SRHC was one of four hospitals in Kansas to earn the Most Wired designation.
- October 2013, SRHC opened a brand new 18 bed Intensive Care Unit. This expansion comes on the heels of our new $70 million dollar six story patient tower, a new 26 bed Emergency Room, a Cancer Center, parking garage and two medical office buildings.
- June 1, 2013 COMCARE, a family medicine clinic, joined Salina Regional Health Center. We now employ 68 physicians and 43 advanced practice providers.
- Salina is home to the University of Kansas School of Medicine Salina campus,which started in July 2011, and to KU Smoky Hill Family Medicine Residency Program which has been established in Salina for 25 years.
- In 2013, SRHC achieved Level III trauma verification from the American College of Surgeons.
- SRHC has been recognized for our commitment to quality care, community service and state-of-the-art medical equipment with recent additions of a PET Scan, 128 slice CT, da Vinci Robotic Surgical System and HALO Ablation Catheter.