Internal Medicine Job In Anchorage, Alaska
Primary Care ProviderNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Ceseley LaPere: Sign in to view
Alaska Regional Senior Health Clinic is looking for a Primary Care provider who is responsible for managing patients' primary care conditions/concerns in concert with the clinic's other providers. This Physician will be responsible for coordinating health care for the patients in accordance with the highest quality of care standards.
- Functions independently to perform age appropriate assessments and treatment.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patients' age, diagnosis, and prescribed medications.
- Monitors the effectiveness of prescribed interventions.
- Facilitates patients' transitions within and between healthcare settings; e. g. hospital, assisted living facilities, home health, etc.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members as appropriate.
- Appropriately refers patients to community specialists and subspecialists.
This is an employed position with competitive salary, benefits, and 401K.
Anchorage: All-America City
Anchorage is a city of lights and flowers, a city with outdoor excitement inside the city limits, a city where culture is a way of life, a clean and healthy place to live, a great place to raise a family and an exciting place to do business.
For more than 45 years Alaska Regional has been fulfilling the medical needs of Alaskans, continually improving the scope of services and skills available within the state and is now a 254-bed licensed and accredited facility.
With more than 1,000 employees and a medical staff of over 450 independent practitioners, Alaska Regional offers a broad spectrum of health services to the community. The hospital is the designated Shriners clinic facility in Alaska, and free immunization clinics are held monthly for area schoolchildren. Other services include free prostate cancer screenings, health education seminars and support groups for cancer and stroke survivors. Alaska Regional is the only non-military hospital in the state with its own landing strip, allowing the hospital's LifeFlight Air Ambulance to transport critical care patients from the plane directly the 24-hour Emergency Room. Alaska Regional even offers free valet parking to patients and visitors.
The hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), the nation's leading healthcare monitoring organization. Alaska Regional is among the top 4% of hospitals nationwide with its recent score of 98 out of 100. 84% of the physician staff are board certified with 75% double-boarded.