Nurse Practitioner Job In Cincinnati, OH
Advanced PractitionerNext Steps... Apply Now
Cincinnati’s blend of cultural heritage, historic architecture and world-class sports teams and museums draw people from all over the United States. Popular Cincinnati attractions include cruising along the Ohio River in the BB Riverboats, going to see the Bengals pro-football or the Reds pro-baseball teams play, strolling along the Cincinnati Riverfront Park or visiting one of the many art and history museums. Other attractions include the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden, the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center, the Krohn Conservatory and Coney Island. Cincinnati’s mix of indoor and outdoor entertainment, restaurants and attractions make it the perfect city in which to live and work, no matter the season.
Sound Physicians partners with Mercy Health, a top health system in Cincinnati, Ohio, to provide premier hospitalist services. Programs are well-established with more than 100 providers throughout Greater Cincinnati. Our advanced practitioners work in one or multiple of the five Mercy hospitals in the system.
As an Advanced Practitioner with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams.
This is your opportunity to be a part of hospitalist services in this community hospital providing comprehensive general medical and surgical services. Featuring a comprehensive list of specialties, this health system is a leader in addressing the health and medical needs of the community.
The Advanced Practitioner position offers:
- Established teams including physicians, advanced practitioners and hospitalist RN
- Manageable workload allowing for delivery of quality patient care
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, retirement option and annual CME allowance
- Access to SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient on-line and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
- 10 hour shifts, generally 7 am – 5 pm; 7 days on / 7 days off
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform dictation of discharge summary and procedure reports
- Write progress notes
- Order routine and special laboratory studies
- Write orders for inpatient and outpatient medicine
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
*** Current, unrestricted license Ohio and certification in acute care. Will consider Family Practice or Adult/Geriatric Certification with recent acute care experience. Not open to new grads – ideally looking for candidate with minimum of 1 year of recent acute care experience.
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.