RN Job In Lodi, California
Director of Patient Care Services (RN-BSN) – Home Health AgencyNext Steps... Apply Now
DEPARTMENT: Home Health Agency
TITLE: Director of Home Health Patient Care Services (Exempt)
REPORTS TO: Administrator, Home Health Agency (Clinical to Chief Nursing Officer)
SUMMARY: The Director is responsible for the overall operation of a department or departments and
assists in accomplishing organizational objectives and goals. As such, he/she assumes 24-hour responsibility and accountability of system functions, staff performance, and patient care/services. Specifically, the director helps create an environment that
enables the agency to fulfill its mission, meet or exceed goals, motivate staff to
continuously improve performance, thereby improving the Agency’s performance.
The governing body shall delegate to the Director authority to carry out the day-to-day
functions of the Agency and the responsibility for ensuring that the Agency conforms to all
applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. He/she will demonstrate the ability
to meet the needs and provide service to all age groups-infancy through geriatrics.
Competent in providing services for the culturally diverse population the clinic serves.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Current and valid California State Registered Nurse
2. Bachelor of Science in Nursing
3. Five years of experience working in a health care related field.
4. Demonstrated knowledge with the development of capital and operational budgeting processes.
5. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communications skills.
6. Demonstrated leadership capabilities, internal management skills, ability to interact with medical
staff and clinic staff.
7. Demonstrated knowledge of current trends in home health care to include care management, best
practices, cost management and productivity enhancement.
8. Current knowledge and understanding of performance improvement, risk management, and patient
9. Working knowledge of electronic record in the healthcare setting.
10. Knowledge of regulatory agency requirements.
11. Valid driver’s license, active auto insurance policy with appropriate limits, and a driving record
acceptable to LH current insurance carrier
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Health Care Administration.
2. Five or more years’ experience as a leader in a healthcare environment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Directs and supervises planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating patient care or services in a department according to pre-defined standards
2. Provides direction to staff and ensures that the clinical team evaluates the level of care provided by the staff
3. Demonstrates awareness of and sensitivity to patients/significant others rights, as identified by the organization
4. Ensures that clinical management provide the oversight necessary to deliver patient care/nursing practice or services that meet both safety/risk management standards and legal requirements of licensing
5. Demonstrates awareness of adherence to safety and legal requirements established
6. In conjunction with the administrator participates in budget planning and execution for department(s)
7. Assists the administrator in identifying department resources and needs; develops, allocates, administers and evaluates the area budget, while directing and delegating appropriate aspects of the budget process with emphasis on monitoring expenditures in supplies/equipment/staffing and cost control measures
8. Communicate effectively with staff members so that they are involved and engaged in the agency’s direction
9. Actively participates in the accreditation process for the agency and responsible for agency preparation, follow-up and maintenance of accreditation. Ensures staff is continuously prepared for process
10. Provides leadership in Performance Improvement activities and integrates care provided and operational activities in any and all PI plans
11. Integrating functions of Performance Improvement activities in professional development activities, performance appraisals, auditing, concurrent monitoring, utilization review, risk management and active problem identification
12. Foster a positive and collaborative rapport among agency staff and referring physicians to facilitate exchange of information and the best quality care for patients
13. Performs other duties as assigned
1. Conducts business in an ethical and lawful manner, and willing to report any knowledge of real or potential fraud or abuse according to the Compliance Code of Conduct.
2. Will not use or disclose individually identifiable health information of patients over and above that which is minimally required to perform your assigned position responsibilities.
1. Standard office environment.
2. Travels to other buildings and sites.
3. Occasional trips to patient care areas where there is potential exposure to blood borne pathogens or infectious diseases.
Must exhibit trunk and extremity mobility and strength to handle objects and people safely in the activities of lifting, holding, carrying, pushing, transferring, and pulling. See attached Job Task Analysis for essential physical requirements.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the CEO or designee, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Lodi Health is a private, not-for-profit health system that strives to improve the quality of life in the community it serves - both in and beyond its walls. As a non-profit, unaffiliated health system, Lodi Health is able to reinvest in talent, technology and physicians to ensure patients receive quality and very personal care.
Since April of 1952 when the Lodi Memorial Hospital's doors first opened, until today, Lodi Health has evolved to meet the changing community's need. In 1952, there were 14,000 residents in Lodi. Today there are 65,000, and the area served beyond Lodi's boundaries has grown to more than a quarter million people.
Over the last 63 years, a lot has changed at Lodi Memorial Hospital. New buildings and wings have been erected. New technologies, like robotic-assisted surgery, have been introduced. Quality physicians and dedicated nurses have worked round the clock. Lodi Memorial Hospital became Lodi Health to encompass all of its services that provide the quality health care you need with the compassion and personal attention you want from the first day of your life and every day thereafter.
Our vision is to be the first choice for health care by providing the highest level of quality, care access, wellness and affordability through partnerships with patients, staff, physicians and the community we serve.
Now, Lodi Health is pleased to join the Adventist Health family, which allows for even greater service in Lodi and its surrounding communities.