Medical Technician/Technologist Job In Dallas, Texas
Medical Technologist IINext Steps... Apply Now
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Responsible for complex specimen processing and testing to assist physicians in the diagnosis of patients.
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology/Medical Laboratory Science or a related science field, from a regionally accredited college or university preferred.
- Two years of applicable clinical laboratory experience.
Must be certified by one of the following:
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or Medical Technologist (MT) - American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or Medical Technologist (MT) - Department of Health Services (HHS) formally (HEW)
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or Medical Technologist (MT) - American Medical Technologist (AMT)
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to follow and develop all laboratory procedures.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of laboratory techniques.
- Must be able to satisfactorily operate, maintain, and troubleshoot a variety of laboratory
- Must be able to identify and appropriately address problems adversely affecting test results.
- Must be able to maintain accurate records, follow oral and written instructions, and
communicate effectively with various hospital personnel and medical staff.
- Must be able to use laboratory and hospital computer systems appropriately to accomplish assigned work.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
There's plenty to enjoy about Parkland's location in Dallas. Whatever your interests, you'll find Dallas will fit your life well. A cosmopolitan city, there’s a diversity of cultural, sporting, shopping and recreational opportunities here. And with more restaurants per capita than New York City, the dining options are both plentiful and delicious. Dallas is a great place to make a life where work and play, productivity and leisure are in perfect balance.
At Parkland, our professionals are fulfilling our commitment to the Dallas community. Continually pushing forward with the latest technology, tools and treatments, the staff at Parkland provides noteworthy care.
- We're a premier training center for the nation’s top physicians, serving as the primary teaching and research hospital for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
- Our trauma and burn centers are recognized internationally—our regional burn center pioneered skin graft techniques, infection control and nutritional support for burn patients.
- Parkland delivers more babies each year than any other hospital in the country and our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit cares for more critically ill infants than any other hospital nationwide.