Billing and Insurance Specialist Job In Modesto, CA
San Leandro - Hospital Billing & Records AssistantNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
MBSI is one of the top employers of Stanislaus County providing medical billing, coding, and reimbursement services along with various reports to MedAmerica a leading healthcare price management organization. MedAmerica Billing Services, Inc. (MBSI) has been in the physician billing business since 1975. MBSI has continued to expand and now has 2 additional locations including an office in Ontario, CA as well as Scottsdale, AZ.
MBSI has adapted to the ever-changing medical billing environment, modifying and adding to its services to proactively meet the needs of its clients. A focus on physician and employee education coupled with advanced IT capabilities has positioned MBSI and its clients to operate successfully in a climate of increased governmental regulations, third party contracting and reimbursement challenges.
Part Time Hospital Billing and Records Assistant needed in San Leandro Hospital - Shift: Evenings and weekends.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Employees must be able to react to change productively, work overtime as requested or required, and handle other essential functions as assigned.
- Collates and collects all necessary anesthetic documents for operating room, OB department and ancillary locations which comprise the patient record, i.e. demographics (face sheet), dictation, anesthetic record and quality templates, as requested on the side WIP and TAD lists.
- Analyzes WIP and TAD requests for physician completion. Adds notes as necessary. Communicates with anesthesia providers and MBSI personnel to reconcile all documentation requests.
- Sends charts and/or documents to MBSI in a timely fashion.
- Verifies that MBSI receives appropriate documentation for every registered patient on daily schedules.
- Any other miscellaneous billing duties assigned by the MBSI supervisor (i.e., photocopying, faxing, completing forms, answering questions from supervisors, etc.).
- Problem Solving: low to moderate: Acts as a liaison between CEP Practice Administrator, Billing Service, and hospital staff. Must aggressively, yet tactfully request missing information and problem solve regarding search methods.
- Collect, analyze, photocopy or scan, collate, sort and package all necessary medical records for physical delivery to MedAmerica Billing Services, Inc. If scanning location, must scan and electronically transfer information to MBSI on a daily basis.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY AND SKILLS:
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with health care professionals.
- Self-directed, motivated and sensitive to deadlines.
- Basic Computer skills: Excel, Microsoft Word, Email capabilities.
- Basic Office Machine Proficiency: Fax machine, copier, phones, miscellaneous other machines which could include scanner, and other computer operations.
- Medical terminology and computer literacy a must.
What We Offer Our Most Valuable Asset, Our Employees:
We offer the opportunity to help positively impact the healthcare industry while enjoying an amazing benefits package and work environment.
- A Culture of Caring: Friendly, caring, business casual environment. Opportunities to learn or develop your skills.
C Client Centered
A Adapt as a Team
S - Supportive of Each Other
TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
MedAmerica Billing Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CEP America is one of the leading providers of acute care management and staffing solutions in the nation. Founded in 1975, we now serve more than 5.2 million patients annually at over 140 practice locations throughout the United States.
We are an integrated team of emergency medicine, hospital medicine, anesthesia, ambulatory, urgent care, and post-acute care providers committed to caring for patients with acute medical conditions. The CEP America team includes on-site clinical providers, as well as dedicated management and billing services through the MedAmerica family of companies.