Business Professional Job In Emeryville, CA
Clinical Education/Learning Management System InternNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
To apply for this opportunity, please include a two paragraph statement of career interest instead of a cover letter.
Help Us Enhance Patient Care Across America
The MedAmerica Team. We innovate using our diverse business, analytic, and communications skills to tackle the challenges of today’s complex healthcare landscape. We reward excellence in our mission to enhance patient care across the health care continuum. We collaborate, cooperate, and celebrate our unique contributions because we know we can achieve more together than we can alone.
From our administrators and management consultants to our recruiters, data and financial analysts, developers, and marketers—we help the providers and hospitals we serve improve patient outcomes, operational efficiencies, revenue, and job satisfaction.
As a member of the MedAmerica team, you’ll put your skills to work helping our providers improve the care of the 6 plus million patients our providers treat annually in over 250 practices throughout the United States. You’ll have the recognition and support you need to grow professionally. And you’ll have the opportunity to discover work you really love in a family oriented company that wants you to succeed.
Are You Searching For A Company That Values Talent? Well, Your Search Is Over!
In this position, you’ll gain broad exposure across the company and work on initiatives that touch many departments. You’ll learn important organizational practices and gain an understanding of key issues affecting healthcare.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with implementation of enhancements to the Learning Management System as well as process and procedures.
- Generating reports as requested.
- Project coordination as directed.
- Special projects as needed.
- Provide support to project meetings (preparing agendas, taking minutes, etc.).
- Attend meetings and provide insight into discussions.
Our Ideal Candidate Profile:
- College degree in process or completed.
- 1-2 years of work experience of any capacity (can be positions held while in school).
- Strong computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with and understanding of office systems and operations that will improve organization and efficiency.
- Outgoing personality with excellent verbal and written skills.
- Intuitive people skills.
- Strong organizational and customer service skills.
- Ability to keep impeccable records and to sustain strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to handle detailed work accurately and quickly, work to deadlines on multiple tasks, and to work as a team member in a collaborative and participatory manner, and to interact both in person and over the phone with a courteous and professional demeanor.
- Demonstrated self-learner interested in continued professional development and personal growth.
When you work at MedAmerica, you share your talents with an awesome team that makes coming to work empowering and fun. That’s why our employees have voted us a Best Place to Work in the Bay Area for nine years. That and some pretty incredible benefits:
- Competitive benefits package: Superior health plan options, best in class 401k plan (with a very generous company match like you’ve never seen before), 3 weeks paid vacation in your first year, tuition reimbursement policy, paid sabbaticals, and more!
- A Culture of Caring: MedAmericans not only like working together, but care about one another personally and professionally. We host fun staff activities, health and wellness programs, employee recognition programs, and so much more.
- Location, Location, Location: We are located in the Emeryville Watergate business park overlooking the San Francisco Bay -- just minutes away from San Francisco and the East Bay.
Your Life. Your Career. Your Success. Apply Today!
MedAmerica is an equal opportunity employer.
CEP America is one of the leading providers of acute care management and staffing solutions in the nation. Founded in 1975, we now serve more than 5.2 million patients annually at over 140 practice locations throughout the United States.
We are an integrated team of emergency medicine, hospital medicine, anesthesia, ambulatory, urgent care, and post-acute care providers committed to caring for patients with acute medical conditions. The CEP America team includes on-site clinical providers, as well as dedicated management and billing services through the MedAmerica family of companies.