General Neurology Job In Nashville, Tennessee
OUTPATIENT NEUROLOGY OPPORTUNITY, NASHVILLE, TNNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Park Meadors: Sign in to view
OUTPATIENT NEUROLOGY OPPORTUNITY
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE AND PAID VACATION
We are seeking a Board Certified Neurologist (or on track for ABPN certification) with interest in seeing patients in an outpatient setting, where subspecialty focuses can include epilepsy and/or movement disorders.
TriStar Skyline Medical Center is nationally recognized for neurosciences and rehabilitation services and is fully accredited by The Joint Commission. TriStar Skyline has also been recognized as one of the Nation’s Top 100 Hospitals by Thomson Reuters for quality outcomes and patient satisfaction. TriStar Skyline also added Level II Trauma Services in 2014 with multidisciplinary teams on site 24/7.
Group Practice Specifics
• Established employed practice model with seasoned clinicians including 4 MDs and 1 NP
• Competitive compensation and benefits package including wRVU model with productivity incentives including reading EEGs, performing EMGs, providing Telemedicine coverage, etc.
• Outpatient setting, treating patients who range in all neurologic illnesses with the ability to focus in areas of epilepsy and movement disorders
• Clinic hours, Monday-Friday, 8 am-5 pm.; open to workweek flexibility (e.g., 4/10-hr days)
• Minimal Inpatient call requirements: one weekend per month and 5 nights of call per month maximum, with willingness to treat acute stroke
• Epilepsy, EMU and EEG experience preferred
• Paid malpractice insurance, sign-on bonus, relocation, 401k match, 25 days vacation/CME, state licensure, and dues.
• Student loan repayment negotiable
• H1b Visa candidates may apply
TriStar Skyline Medical Center & The Neuroscience Center
• Tennessee’s first Comprehensive Stroke Center and national leader in neuroscience
• Dedicated 17-bed Neuro ICU and 34 beds for Stroke; 4-bed EMU
• EEG and EMG provided on site
• On-site 41-bed inpatient Rehab Unit staffed with full-time Physiatrist
• CARF Accreditation for Stroke Rehabilitation Program
• Remote presence/telehealth capability for EEG, acute and follow-up patient evaluations
• Top 100 hospitals by Thomson Reuters™
• 344 total beds (Main campus 223 beds; Madison Behavioral Health campus 121 beds).
• 24/7 interventional coverage including cerebrovascular angioplasty, stents, thrombectomy, coils and deep brain stimulator placement
• Integrated electronic health record with CPOE
Middle Tennessee is well known for beautiful scenery, communities rich in history, a mild four-season climate and outstanding entertainment. Nashville, the capitol of Tennessee, is a thriving metropolitan city with a population of approximately 600,000 (1.6 million SSA) offering a superior lifestyle and one of the best medical communities in the country - and NO State Personal Income Tax.
Nashville is repeatedly recognized as one of the country’s top cities for business and future growth. In 2011, Forbe's magazine rated Nashville #3 as America's Next Big Boom Towns and Kiplinger's magazine rated Nashville as their #3 "Best Value City", based on vibrant economy, reasonable living costs, and great amentities. Previously Modern Physician Magazine listed Nashville as 7th on "The List" of the top 75 places to run a medical practice in the country. Population, malpractice premiums, Medicare reimbursement, labor costs, state income tax (TN has none) and education attainment were criteria used in the ranking. In 2011, Nashville was given a Top 5 ranking by Travel & Leisure for its "Affordable Getaways" and "Friendliest City" categories.
Long noted as the “Athens of the South” for its sixteen institutions of higher learning it also provides outstanding Private/Parochial options with strong Public Schools and an expanded Library system. While the city is perhaps best known as “Music City” for its Country music beginnings, it has matured to offer wide-ranging venues from Jazz/Blues to the new Schermerhorn Symphony Center. The city’s beautiful tree-lined streets, excellent park system, two local lakes, Sports complexes.
Recipient of 2009 Thomson Reuters ""100 Top Hospital's "" National Benchmark Award - HCA's Skyline Medical Center, part of the TriStar Family of hospitals, is recognized as the premier regional medical center serving patients from northern middle Tennessee and southern Kentucky. Our number one priority is to provide our patients with the highest quality and most technologically advanced care in neuroscience, cardiovascular surgery, rehabilitation, orthopaedics and behavioral health. Now in it’s 7th year as a Primary Stroke Center, Skyline Medical Center was the first Hospital in Tennessee to earn this distinction from the Joint Commission. Skyline was recently recognized as a 2009-2010 Data Advantage Best in Value hospital for its leadership in quality, efficiency, affordability and patient satisfaction.