Family Medicine Job In Manchester, Connecticut
Chief HospitalistNext Steps... Apply Now
Success Happens When you Start With your People
Do you have big ideas and even bigger ambitions? Sound Physicians is seeking a physician leader who is passionate about embracing innovation. Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. As healthcare becomes more complex it takes a resilient leader to collaborate and find new ways to bring a team together and provide high-quality care for patients every day. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders with a dedicated learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
Manchester Memorial Hospital is a 249-bed, acute care, community hospital celebrating the centennial of its founding in 1920. Along with Rockville General Hospital, Manchester Memorial is an affiliate of Eastern Connecticut Health Network, an established organization dedicated to serving the communities of greater Hartford since 1997. The hospital offers a state-of-the-art emergency department, a strong sub-specialty presence, newly renovated patient rooms, and is home to a family medicine residency program. The hospital has also been recognized by The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and The Joint Commission for our outstanding stroke care services.
- Established team of 11 physicians team with the support of a clinical performance nurse
- Open ICU with excellent specialty back-up; Plans to transition to a closed ICU in 2021
- Procedure experience preferred
- No call environment
- Schedule: Monday - Friday
What Matters To You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, camaraderie, hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hat on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
Join a Collegial Practice Where you Will Thrive
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement.
Location and Lifestyle
Manchester sits 10 miles east of Hartford and is conveniently located directly in between two major cities, Boston and New York. With excellent transportation options close by such as highways, railroads, multiple international airports, but also the 1,000 acres of parkland and gardens, Hartford is an easy 20-minute commute!
Central Connecticut offers a variety of housing styles and prices located in attractive neighborhoods, a plethora of award-winning schools, performing arts, and friendly, community-spirited residents. Taking in all CT has to offer will be easy with 31 weeks off per year!
- Connecticut offers 42 higher education institutions, a host of historical and cultural amenities, quality health care and a diverse natural environment from the peak of Bear Mountain to the 1,065 miles of coastal shoreline, which includes all saltwater-influenced watercourses
- Nationally recognized for excellent public and private school systems
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.