Orthopedic Surgery - General Job In Salina, Kansas
Orthopedics (Academics Opt.) - Loan Repayment & More!Next Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Brandie Barker McQueen : Sign in to view
Salina, Kansas 67401 Type of Facility: Hospital Job Type:Employee
Because we are expanding our orthopedic service line, Salina Regional Health Center is now seeking a BE/BC orthopedic surgeon to round out our team. Have the ability to practice a wide breadth of orthopedics including; Implants, Arthroscopy & Trauma. Salina, located in the heart of Kansas, has a population of 50,000 but due to our location, pulls in patients from a region of 250,000 people.
- Work in new clinic space with partners experienced in sports medicine, shoulder and trauma. Also practicing in clinic is a non-operative sports medicine physician. Ideal candidates are generalists, or have specialty training in sports medicine, shoulder, trauma or foot and ankle.
- Each surgeon will have an advanced practice provider, athletic trainer, nurse, medical technician and share reception staff
- Clinic is next door to the hospital, making life convenient for surgeon
- Be instrumental and a leader in the establishment of this new service line
- Supportive hospital administration
- Block OR scheduling
- Large referral base; SRHC employs 22 family medicine physicians in four communities
- TEACH! Salina is home to KU School of Medicine-Salina and Smoky Hill Family Medicine Residency
About Salina Regional Health Center
- Level III trauma center (function as a Level II) with 24/7 Neurosurgery & Cardiothoracic Coverage
- 100% private patient rooms with lifts
- 18 bed ICU with intensivist coverage
- Hospitalist program
- 8 bed OR, 2 suites are ortho suites with laminar air flow
- Certified for 365 beds
- Great work environment & resources as the average physician tenure is 17 years!
- Sign on bonus
- Loan repayment
- Relocation allowance
- CME time off & allowance
- Base compensation + production, patient satisfaction and quality bonuses
- Paid malpractice
- Life Insurance
- Retirement plus match
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
About Salina, Kansas
- Located in the heart of Kansas, population 50,000
- GREAT schools and fantastic community to raise a family
- Large farming and industrial community
- Like the outdoors? Close to many golf courses, lakes, hiking trails & state parks
- Great options for arts & entertainment
- Hobbies?? We have them! Golf, disc golf, hiking, biking, running, theatre, dancing, skiing, boating, camping, exploring, shopping, cultural events, spirituality, aviation, semi-professional football team, drive in theatre, swimming, photography, dining, history, pottery and much, much more!!!
- Ideal location as Salina is 1.5 hours north of Wichita, 2.5 hours west of Kansas City, 4 hours from Omaha, NE & 6 hours to Denver, CO.
For more information about this opportunity visit, www.salinaphysicianopportunities.com.
Salina is a progressive city with a growing population of 50,000. A diverse economy and strong work ethic allows the community to continually rank among Kansas' best in such areas as cost of living, regional trade pull, unemployment, and personal income. Our community serves as the regional hub for state-of-the-art medical services and also serves as the regional hub for retail trade and entertainment. Our community also provides many educational opportunities that range from private and public grade schools to four year universities. Enjoy the areas vast recreational amenities, some of which include our beautiful golf courses, parks and lakes. The performing arts center, community theater, remarkable zoo and entertaining festivals are among the many activities you and your family will enjoy.
Salina has been selected by Business Week magazine as one of the best places in Kansas to raise your kids! For those of us familiar with the community, this is no surprise.
Exciting things happening at Salina Regional Health Center
Salina Regional Health Center, located in Salina, Kansas, is a comprehensive acute care hospital that serves all of North Central Kansas. Our commitment to excellence makes a difference in people's lives, giving them the confidence that comes from getting better and stronger, every day. At Salina Regional, physicians practice old-fashioned compassion, complemented with the latest technologies to make healing happen even faster, delivering confidence for today, for the future, and for the good life.
A Leader in Healthcare
- January 2017, SRHC was awarded Primary Stroke Certification by the Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program.
- January 2016 SRHC launched a telemedicine service line to include behavioral health, nutritional & diabetic counseling and general surgery.
- August 2014 SRHC received an award for HealthCare's 2014 Most Wired Hospital. Health Networks magazine named Salina Regional Health Center among the 2014 Most Wired Hospitals. SRHC was one of four hospitals in Kansas to earn the Most Wired designation.
- October 2013, SRHC opened a brand new 18 bed Intensive Care Unit. This expansion comes on the heels of our new $70 million dollar six story patient tower, a new 26 bed Emergency Room, a Cancer Center, parking garage and two medical office buildings.
- June 1, 2013 COMCARE, a family medicine clinic, joined Salina Regional Health Center. We now employ 68 physicians and 43 advanced practice providers.
- Salina is home to the University of Kansas School of Medicine Salina campus,which started in July 2011, and to KU Smoky Hill Family Medicine Residency Program which has been established in Salina for 25 years.
- In 2013, SRHC achieved Level III trauma verification from the American College of Surgeons.
- SRHC has been recognized for our commitment to quality care, community service and state-of-the-art medical equipment with recent additions of a PET Scan, 128 slice CT, da Vinci Robotic Surgical System and HALO Ablation Catheter.