Geriatric Medicine Job In Texarkana, Texas
BC/BE Geriatrician Needed In Texarkana, TX – Great Opportunity with Benefits!Next Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Tom Green: Sign in to view
Earn $250k+, Outpatient ONLY, Phone Call Coverage ONLY
IASIS Healthcare seeks one full-time geriatrician (BC – or BE if recently completed training) for an outlying clinic close to Wadley Regional Medical Center. This opportunity is open to FP/IM providers with geriatric experience, as well.
The new physician will replace a retiring geriatrician and help grow this service line at Wadley Regional Medical Center. Excellent candidates for this position will enjoy seeing older patients and practicing in a collaborative environment.
- Employment practice opportunity; starting base salary of $250,000 – plus production-based bonus; willing to consider increased base salary for physicians BC in Geriatrics.
- Opportunity for advancement into a Medical Director role is available.
- Benefits include: health, life and disability insurance, malpractice insurance and 401k plan
- Outpatient ONLY; Hospitalist covers inpatients
- Call Coverage is Phone ONLY
- Single-specialty practice; office located in an outlying clinic close to the hospital
- Practitioners see 10-13 patients/day
- New patient visits are 60 minutes; established patient visits are 30 minutes
- Practice currently has (1) Part-time Geriatrician and (2) Full-time Nurse Practitioners
Texarkana is really two cities located in the northeast corner of Texas and the southwest corner of Arkansas and is conveniently located just 1 hour from Shreveport, 1 - hours from Little Rock and 2 - hours from Dallas. It is a thriving metro-center serving nineteen counties in four states. Its diversified economy is supported by manufacturing, agriculture, medicine, transportation, education and retail. Residents and visitors alike enjoy the moderate climate and a variety of recreational and entertainment activities. Texarkana reveals a host of historic treasures: annual festivals, entertainment from performing arts, professional baseball, stock car races, art exhibits, shopping, great outdoors and sports, wonderful restaurants and is a great place to raise a family.
As the oldest hospital in Texarkana, Wadley Regional Medical Center is a physician-owned hospital that brings world-class medical expertise and compassion to the care of every patient. Wadley is a 371-bed facility with a 24-bed Emergency Department. As the area’s first Joint Commission-certified Primary Stroke Center and the first state-designated Level II Primary Stroke Center, Wadley is a leader in the region and the state. The hospital offers Texarkana’s only hospital-based prenatal clinic and geriatric behavioral health unit, as well as the area’s only da Vinci Si Surgical System.
Wadley Regional Medical Center is equipped with comprehensive imaging and diagnostic services, including 64-slice CT; MRI; nuclear medicine; a full-service Breast Health Center with ACR-accredited digital mammography and stereotactic needle biopsy, ultrasound guided biopsy and bone densitometry; as well as the area’s only perfusion CT and MRI imaging system for diagnosing and treating strokes. Come join our century-long tradition of providing high-quality healthcare through advanced technology.