Nurse Practitioner Job In San Bernardino, California
Advanced PractitionerNext Steps... Apply Now
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with The Intensivist Group, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our Intensivist teams.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our flagship Intensivist program at St Bernardine Medical Center in San Bernardino, California. You’ll enjoy working alongside a seasoned and dedicated group of Intensivists; and no night shifts!
The Team – The Hospital
- St. Bernardine Medical Center is a 463-bed, non-profit, acute care hospital with the latest technology and advanced services, from family care to cardiac surgery. The history of this hospital consists of a culture based on a strong set of core values, driven by a mission of service, and expressed through compassion and care of body, mind and spirit.
- Dignity Health Hospital
- Established 6 physician team
- 32 bed ICU including medical, surgical, cardiothoracic, and neuro patients
- 10 hour day shifts
- Block scheduling with dedicated time off (no call)
- Competitive Salary + robust benefits package including insurance, CME reimbursement, 401K with employer contribution and more!
Awards and Recognitions
- Reduced hospital-acquired infections and readmissions, positively affecting more than 10,000 patients in the Dignity Health system and saved as much as $30 million
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Critical Care Award for two years in a row
- Five-star recipient for Treatment for Sepsis for six years in a row
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
You will practice evidence based medicine in keeping with protocols and processes designed and utilized by The Intensivist Group Critical Care program in the ICU.
The Critical Care APP manages the critical care related problems and diagnoses patients assigned by the Intensivist. The Critical Care AP will also assist and perform procedures in the ICU, under the supervision of the Intensivist. Additionally, the Critical Care APP will perform daily follow up visits to select patients, chosen by the Intensivist, who have been transferred out of the ICU to a step down unit to help in the transition of care and to prevent ICU readmission.
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Round, admit, and discharge patients from ICU
- Perform dictation of discharge summary and procedure reports
- Write progress notes
*** Current, unrestricted license in CA and active ACLS. 2 years of recent critical care or acute care experience preferred. Ability to perform procedures is a plus.
Location and Lifestyle
San Bernardino is located in the heart of Southern California, nestled between Palm Springs and Los Angeles. Hospitality and value come first and visitors can look forward to year round sunshine in our centrally located Southern California city. San Bernardino offers affordable cost of living, and access to the beach, hiking, biking, and climbing. Plan a day hike to Joshua Tree National Park or visit Los Angeles, both are just an hour drive!
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.