Management Job In Modesto, California
Client Service Manager, Ontario CANext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
MBSI is one of the top employers of Stanislaus County providing medical billing, coding, and reimbursement services along with various reports to MedAmerica a leading healthcare price management organization. MedAmerica Billing Services, Inc. (MBSI) has been in the physician billing business since 1975. MBSI has continued to expand and now has 2 additional locations including an office in Ontario, CA as well as Scottsdale, AZ.
MBSI has adapted to the ever-changing medical billing environment, modifying and adding to its services to proactively meet the needs of its clients. A focus on physician and employee education coupled with advanced IT capabilities has positioned MBSI and its clients to operate successfully in a climate of increased governmental regulations, third party contracting and reimbursement challenges.
Manages Associate Regional Manager(s), Regional Floaters and up to five (5) subordinate supervisors who supervise up to 15 employees each in the assigned medical sites. Responsible for overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's compliance policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. This person reports to the Associate Director of Billing Operations and holds an exempt status position.
Essential Job Functions, non-inclusive: Employees must be able to react to change productively, work overtime as requested or required and handle other essential functions as assigned.
- Provides direction and leadership to Associate Regional Managers and Billing Supervisors and assists them with questions or difficult situations; interfaces with administrative staff as necessary to resolve issues.
- Monitors workflow of assigned teams and coordinates necessary labor among teams as needed.
- Reviews several different reports to identify problem areas, takes appropriate action, and follows-up as necessary.
- Participates in disciplinary actions of team members and ensures proper documentation is prepared.
- Reviews and verifies accuracy of Practice Management Reports; identify aberrations or trends and provide explanation; monitor aberrations and trends; initiate any appropriate action.
- Interfaces with Regional Director, Medical Director, and Reimbursement Directors to resolve issues and answers questions.
- Responsible for preparation and facilitation of site conference calls and/or site visits.
- Develops supervisory skills in Associate Regional Managers and Billing Supervisors.
- Facilitates development of team building and conflict resolution techniques.
- Identifies financial performance, team structure, and other areas needing improvement and works collaboratively with Assistant Director and/or Director of Billing Operations in developing corrective action plans. Responsible for implementation of action plans.
- Works with Assistant Director and/or Director of Billing Operations in the preparation of short-term plans and budgets based on company goals and growth objectives, including productivity and audit standards.
- Works with Assistant Director and/or Director of Billing Operations in facilitating the implementation of site specific and organization-wide programs and initiatives.
- Works with Training Department to formulate training workshops and monitors team members' progress.
- Other duties as assigned by Assistant Director and/or Director of Billing Operations or Sr. Management Staff.
- Ensures team members are being cross trained to guarantee coverage in all areas at all times.
- Schedule and carry out occasional day and overnight travel for the company, not exceeding 5% of time.
Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires a minimum of four years of related experience and/or training including management experience with similar responsibilities.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills; specifically Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Must possess a valid CA driver license and have current auto insurance.
- Ability to analyze various types of reports.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial information and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to inquiries and complaints from clients or regulatory agencies.
Preference ~ Not a pre-requisite
- Experience in healthcare/billing preferred.
- College degree is highly desirable.
What We Offer Our Most Valuable Asset, Our Employees:
We offer the opportunity to help positively impact the healthcare industry while enjoying an amazing benefits package and work environment.
Competitive benefits package: Multiple health plan options or reimbursement for non-coverage, exceptional 401k plan (that includes a very generous company match), 2 weeks paid vacation, sick leave, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, discount on fitness centers and more.
A Culture of Caring: Friendly, caring, business casual environment. Opportunities to learn or develop your skills.
Our Philosophy: MBSI Cares
C - Client Centered
A - Adapt as a Team
S - Supportive of Each Other
TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK! MedAmerica Billing Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CEP America is one of the leading providers of acute care management and staffing solutions in the nation. Founded in 1975, we now serve more than 5.2 million patients annually at over 140 practice locations throughout the United States.
We are an integrated team of emergency medicine, hospital medicine, anesthesia, ambulatory, urgent care, and post-acute care providers committed to caring for patients with acute medical conditions. The CEP America team includes on-site clinical providers, as well as dedicated management and billing services through the MedAmerica family of companies.