Pharmacist Job In Texas
Clinical PharmacistNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Adam DeBruin RPh: Sign in to view
- Direct HireYes
- Temp to PermanentNo
Progressive Hospital located in Northeast Texas is currently recruiting for a full-time Clinical Pharmacist. The Clinical Pharmacist may have both central and decentralized responsibilities. This position is responsible for order verification, medication dispensation, clinical review and documentation, and any other responsibilities as designated by Pharmacy Director or Manager.
• Texas pharmacy license in good standing or ability to obtain license before start date
• PharmD from an ACPE accredited institution
• IV Certification
• Hospital experience or new graduate with acute care rotations
• PGY1 hospital residency training or 3+ years of clinical pharmacy experience in acute care setting
• PGY2 hospital residency training
• BCPS certification
• Meditech experience
• Work as part of the central pharmacy team to complete order and dispense medications, amond clinical and administrative tasks
• Perform medication order review, verification, and dispensation.
• Execute medication reconciliation, clinical consults and per protocol pharmacy medication management processes.
• As needed participate on interdisciplinary team in a decentralized unit-based model.
• As needed, perform chart reviews, participate in multi-disciplinary rounds, and serve as liaison between pharmacy and other disciplines, including physicians.
• As needed, assist clinical manager and pharmacy director in implementing process improvement.
• Assist with adverse event and medication error monitoring and medication safety measures.
• As needed, assist in guiding and addressing administrative, quality assurance, and quality improvement processes.
• As needed, attend meetings as pharmacy representative.
• Provide in-service training for pharmacy staff and other disciplines to optimize medication management.
• Use time productively and efficiently.
• Demonstrate flexibility in staffing and adaptability to changes in practices and models.
• Exercise safe judgment in decision making.
• Work collaboratively and communicate effectively within the department and with other disciplines.
• Identify personal learning needs and seek opportunities for continued education.
RPh Professional Search has been helping pharmacists find pharmacy jobs in hospitals since 1997. Our firm gives you the opportunity to work with us on a confidential, comprehensive job search! At RPh Professional Search, we work for you!
We ARE the Pharmacy Job Recruiting Experts!
- Pharmacist Owned and Operated
- Personalized, Confidential Search
- No Cost to our Candidates
- One Stop Approach - No need to post your resume on job Boards
- We work FOR YOU!
The Hospital Pharmacy landscape has changed. Nationally, the number of pharmacy schools has increased from 75 to more than 130 during the last 15 years - enrollment also has increased significantly. Career advancing pharmacy jobs are harder than ever to find. Our reputation, experience, and pharmacy knowledge is second to none. Since 1997, our tenure of national pharmacist placements, relationships/connections, and attendance at national conventions allows us to uniquely help you.