Pediatric Emergency Medicine Job In Houston, Texas
PhysicianNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Jamie Gulliver: Sign in to view
Houston in Brief
The nation’s fourth largest city, Houston is a hub of international business located in southeast Texas. The sprawling metropolis is a culinary powerhouse, a significant cultural center, and a recreational paradise, offering its diverse population a mix of big-city sophistication and down-home western tradition.
The Houston File
- Education. More than 30 independent school districts operate in Harris County, and many of them have received awards of excellence from the state of Texas.
- Real Estate. Houston offers excellent housing choices in both urban neighborhoods and outlying communities; housing costs are 26 percent below the national average.
- Family. Houston is a very family-oriented community; local activities and festivals catering to children and their parents are abundant.
- Culture. Houston is a mecca for culture, offering everything from world-class museums and galleries to performing arts including ballet, symphony, opera and theater.
- Recreation. Houston has more than 165 golf courses and is third largest pleasure boat basin in the U.S. Residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
- Weather. Houston’s temperate climate sustains tropical vegetation and is known for its humidity; highs range from the 90s in the summer to the 60s in the winter.
Houston Fun Fact
Houston was founded in 1836, 10 years before Texas became a state, by brothers who paid just over $1.40 an acre for 6,642 acres of land near the headwaters of the Buffalo Bayou.
, our purpose is to perfect physicians' ability to practice medicine, every day, in everything we do. Through our more than 20,000 affiliated physicians and advanced practice clinicians, TeamHealth offers outsourced emergency medicine, hospital medicine, critical care, anesthesiology, orthopedic hospitalist, acute care surgery, obstetrics and gynecology hospitalist, ambulatory care, post-acute care and medical call center solutions to approximately 3,300 acute and post-acute facilities and physician groups nationwide. Our philosophy is as simple as our goal is singular: we believe better experiences for physicians lead to better outcomes—for patients, hospital partners and physicians alike.