General/Adult Psychiatry Job In Albany, New York
PhysicianNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Kim Gary: Sign in to view
Albany in Brief
The capital city of New York, Albany is located about 150 miles north of New York City, on the Hudson River. In 2010, Forbes listed it #15 on its “Most Innovative Metros” list and in 2012, #4 on its “Best Cities for Jobs” list. Part of New York’s Tech Valley, the innovative city also retains its historical charm.
The Albany File
- Education. The City School District of Albany operates 18 schools and learning centers; also in the education mix are 10 charter schools and a number of private schools.
- Real Estate. Albany offers a variety of housing options, from urban row houses and historic properties to suburban dream homes, and a median sales price of less than $187,000.
- Family. Albany is a fabulous city for families, since it offers big city amenities as well as a thriving sense of community throughout its residential areas.
- Culture. Albany boasts a variety of entertaining events, historic masterpieces, unique cultural attractions, and opportunities to sample culinary delights from around the world.
- Recreation. Albany has more than 60 public parks and recreation areas, where residents enjoy skating, biking, hiking, boating, fishing, and more.
- Weather. Albany has a continental climate and four distinct seasons; average highs in the warmest and coldest months are 82° (July) and 31° (January).
Albany Fun Fact
Albany, one of the oldest surviving settlements of the original 13 colonies, is the U.S.’s longest continuously chartered city.
, our purpose is to perfect physicians' ability to practice medicine, every day, in everything we do. Through our more than 20,000 affiliated physicians and advanced practice clinicians, TeamHealth offers outsourced emergency medicine, hospital medicine, critical care, anesthesiology, orthopedic hospitalist, acute care surgery, obstetrics and gynecology hospitalist, ambulatory care, post-acute care and medical call center solutions to approximately 3,300 acute and post-acute facilities and physician groups nationwide. Our philosophy is as simple as our goal is singular: we believe better experiences for physicians lead to better outcomes—for patients, hospital partners and physicians alike.