Emergency Medicine Job In Orlando, Florida
PhysicianNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Lisa Murray: Sign in to view
Orlando in Brief
Best known perhaps as a tourist destination, as the home of Disney World and numerous other theme parks, Orlando is also an industrial and high-tech center that offers a great lifestyle for families seeking sunshine and warm weather. The largest city in central Florida is a cultural, recreational and retail mecca.
The Orlando File
- Education. The vision of the Orange County Public Schools' strategic plan is to be the top producer of successful students in the nation.
- Real Estate. The variety and affordability of housing in Orlando ensures the availability of homes to suit every taste, lifestyle and budget.
- Family. Orlando offers great amenities for parents and children throughout the city, including its world-famous theme parks.
- Culture. Orlando boasts an active music scene, a large theater population, a respected film festival and numerous performing arts options.
- Recreation. Orlando residents have access to more than 20 recreational facilities, as well as numerous pools, parks, tennis courts and golf courses.
- Weather. Orlando has an average annual temperature of 82 degrees. Summertime highs are typically in high 80s, while winters stay in the low 70s.
Orlando Fun Fact
When the town of Orlando was incorporated in 1875, it consisted of four square miles. Today, after many annexations, the city is more than 100 square miles.