Hospitalist Job In Bristol, Connecticut
PhysicianNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Julie Marino: Sign in to view
Bristol in Brief
Located 20 miles southwest of Hartford, Bristol is perhaps best known as the home of ESPN, its largest taxpayer. A sense of community and history define this diverse, family-friendly city, which has a high quality life reflected by vast public parks, a high-ranked education system, and aggressive economic development.
The Bristol File
- Education. The Bristol Public Schools have a reputation for excellence; 87% of 10th graders scored at or above Connecticut Academic Performance Test proficiency levels.
- Real Estate. With an average listing price of just over $200,000, Bristol real estate is much more affordable than comparable properties in other Hartford County locations.
- Family. Bristol offers a great small-town atmosphere for families and a cost of living slightly below the national average.
- Culture. Bristol offers a rich cultural scene, including numerous art galleries, museums, theaters, music venues and restaurants.
- Recreation. Bristol residents can take advantage of the city's 22 parks as well as the oldest continuously operating amusement park in North America, Lake Compounce.
- Weather. Bristol enjoys a temperate climate, due to its long coastline on the Long Island Sound. While its winters are cold, summers are hot and humid, spring offers variable temperatures and fall is mild.
Bristol Fun Fact
One of Bristol's nicknames is the Bell City, because the city has a history of manufacturing innovative spring-driven doorbells.
, our purpose is to perfect physicians' ability to practice medicine, every day, in everything we do. Through our more than 20,000 affiliated physicians and advanced practice clinicians, TeamHealth offers outsourced emergency medicine, hospital medicine, critical care, anesthesiology, orthopedic hospitalist, acute care surgery, obstetrics and gynecology hospitalist, ambulatory care, post-acute care and medical call center solutions to approximately 3,300 acute and post-acute facilities and physician groups nationwide. Our philosophy is as simple as our goal is singular: we believe better experiences for physicians lead to better outcomes—for patients, hospital partners and physicians alike.