General Surgery Job In Framingham, Massachusetts
Chair of General Surgery - Take Your Career to the Next LevelNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Chris Belton: Sign in to view
We are seeking a dynamic leader to serve as the Chair of General Surgery. We seek a well-trained self-starter with six years of clinical experience who is capable of building a strong network and can:
• Implement the department’s strategic plan for education, patient care, scholarship and service
• Facilitate mentoring and promotion-oriented faculty development
• Establish, develop, foster and sustain the facility’s reputation for clinical excellence
• Develop a professional relationship with our partner facilities and community
• Develop a departmental culture that emphasizes collaboration, trust and respect for the shared vision
This position will require approximately 50% clinical and 50% administrative duties. Leadership experience is important, but not required. We will consider a candidate with a strong personality and leadership potential.
MetroWest Medical Center is a teaching hospital in Framingham and Natick, Massachusetts and is the largest health care provider between Boston and Worcester. MWMC was formed by the 1992 merger of two hospitals and over 300 licensed beds.
I am currently conducting a nationwide, confidential search for a Board Eligible or Board Certified candidate. If you would like to obtain additional information about this opportunity, please contact me and send a copy of your CV for consideration.
Noted in 2012 as one of the best places to live, Framingham is 22 miles from Boston and part of the Greater Boston area.
Surrounded by safe, family oriented communities, the area boasts some of the finest private and public schools in the area. Beautiful bedroom communities such as Natick and Wayland are great for raising a family. Close enough to the big city, shoreline and mountains makes Framingham the place to be. Moderate cost of living and many cultural amenities make this one of the most sought after areas in Massachusetts.
With a population of nearly 8 million people, and historical American culture and charm, Greater Boston is a national leader in education, finance, industry, and tourism. Live, love, and enjoy Boston!
- 24-hour Emergency Department services at Framingham Union Hospital and Leonard Morse Hospital
- On-site physician coverage from Floating Hospital for Children at Tufts Medical Center for pediatric emergencies, neonatal care and pediatric specialties
- Advanced cardiac care, including Primary Angioplasty, Cardiac Catheterization and an Electrophysiology Service for treating irregular heart rhythms
- High technology cancer care capabilities including radiation therapy services.
- Extensive surgical services including minimally invasive and laparoscopic techniques
- Comprehensive maternity services with a Special Care Level IIB nursery
- A full range of behavioral medicine programs including child, adult and geriatric inpatient units and partial hospital program services