Information Technology Job In Modesto, California
Computer Application Support Spec. INext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Why MBSI? MBSI is one of the top employers of Stanislaus County providing medical billing, coding, and reimbursement services along with various reports to MedAmerica a leading healthcare price management organization. MedAmerica Billing Services, Inc. (MBSI) has been in the physician billing business since 1975. MBSI has continued to expand and now has 2 additional locations including an office in Ontario, CA as well as Scottsdale, AZ.
MBSI has adapted to the ever-changing medical billing environment, modifying and adding to its services to proactively meet the needs of its clients. A focus on physician and employee education coupled with advanced IT capabilities has positioned MBSI and its clients to operate successfully in a climate of increased governmental regulations, third party contracting and reimbursement challenges.
Responsible for the provision of application maintenance and support services to end-users of MBSI’s business application systems to include, MedFM, Lynx, and Laserfiche, and to the related IT functions. The position reports to the Application Support Supervisor but works closely with and under the supervision of the application support team. Tasks include all billing duties such as preparing statements, ECS files, maintaining auxiliary files, and interfacing with insurance carriers, clearing houses, and business application vendors. Tasks may also include monitoring disk utilization, performance, active jobs, the system operator’s message queue, and loading peripheral equipment such as tapes and printer paper.
- Deliver support to existing end-users, investigate and resolve application errors or discrepancies.
- Provide correct responses to requests for support such as: making modifications to system parameters, developing work-arounds or site-specific enhancements, reconfiguring systems, changing operating procedures, training users or operations staff, producing additional documentation or escalating requests to software vendors.
- Liaise with software vendors on the development of system enhancements to overcome known problems or further fulfill user requirements.
- Schedule, run, and monitor month-end processing, daily/weekly billing, statements, payment imports and other operational jobs.
- Maintain various application auxiliary files.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of industry application/implementation methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
Degree in computer technology or related field and/or 2-5 years of application support experience is preferred but not required. Previous experience with implementing new software and administrating systems is a strong advantage. Experience documenting operational procedures and working with end users in resolving problems is desired.
A successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Strong interpersonal, active listening and communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong customer service orientation.
- Proficient knowledge of billing and coding operational workflows in order to translate functionality requirements into application configurations that meet end-user requirements.
- Ability to work independently in an environment with multiple work demands and focus on detail.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects, and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and directed.
What We Offer Our Most Valuable Asset, Our Employees: We offer the opportunity to help positively impact the healthcare industry while enjoying an amazing benefits package and work environment.
- Competitive benefits package: Multiple health plan options or reimbursement for non-coverage, exceptional 401k plan (that includes a very generous company match), 2 weeks paid vacation, sick leave, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, discount on fitness centers and more.
- A Culture of Caring: Friendly, caring, business casual environment. Opportunities to learn or develop your skills.
- Our Philosophy: MBSI Cares
- C - Client Centered
- A - Adapt as a Team
- R - Responsive
- E - Engaged
- S - Supportive of Each Other
TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
MedAmerica Billing Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CEP America is one of the leading providers of acute care management and staffing solutions in the nation. Founded in 1975, we now serve more than 5.2 million patients annually at over 140 practice locations throughout the United States.
We are an integrated team of emergency medicine, hospital medicine, anesthesia, ambulatory, urgent care, and post-acute care providers committed to caring for patients with acute medical conditions. The CEP America team includes on-site clinical providers, as well as dedicated management and billing services through the MedAmerica family of companies.