Nurse Practitioner Job In Buffalo, New York
Nurse Practitioner or Physician AssistantNext Steps... Apply Now
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Mercy Hospital of Buffalo is one of the largest non-profit hospitals in Western New York. Mercy leads the nation in a number of services lines, as ranked by Healthgrades®, including cardiology, general surgery, intensive and critical care, orthopedics, and pulmonary disease, and has been nationally recognized for quality and value. Mercy Hospital was awarded Top 100 Integrated Health Systems.
- 349-bed, not for profit, community-based hospital with excellent subspecialty support
- Established team of 10 physicians, 10 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call environment
- Hospitalists run rapid response; ICU team runs all code blue
- Closed ICU; No procedures required
- Schedule: 5 on/5 off
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Awards and Recognitions
- American Heart Association/JACHO Comprehensive Stroke Center, one of 4 in New York State
- NYS Designated Stroke Center
- Stroke Gold Plus Quality facility per the American Stroke Association/American Heart Association
- 5 Star Hospital for the treatment of Respiratory Failure
- Awarded Healthgrades Coronary Intervention Excellence Award
- Awarded Healthgrades Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award
- Awarded received the American College of Cardiology Platinum Achievement Award
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in New York with ACLS and BLS certifications; Minimum of 1 year hospitalist experience as an APP
Location & Lifestyle
Buffalo is the second-largest city in the state with a population of approximately 1.3 million in the surrounding metropolitan area. Residents of Western New York enjoy the cosmopolitan lifestyle of cities such as Buffalo and Niagara Falls, combined with the small-town character of quaint communities nestled into the surrounding countryside.
- Forbes named Buffalo one of the most affordable housing markets in the country
- Across the Peace Bridge from downtown Buffalo, Canada brings an international flair to the area, including the excitement of Toronto, a mere 90 minutes away
- Tons of delicious and diverse, trendy restaurants as well as a substantial music and arts scene
- Two professional sports teams (Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres) for the sports enthusiast
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.