Business Professional Job In Emeryville, California
Business Analyst (Southern California)Next Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Help Us Enhance Patient Care Across America
The MedAmerica Team. We innovate using our diverse business, analytic, and communications skills to tackle the challenges of today’s complex healthcare landscape. We reward excellence in our mission to enhance patient care across the health care continuum. We collaborate, cooperate, and celebrate our unique contributions because we know we can achieve more together than we can alone.
From our administrators and management consultants to our recruiters, data and financial analysts, developers, and marketers—we help the providers and hospitals we serve improve patient outcomes, operational efficiencies, revenue, and job satisfaction.
As a member of the MedAmerica team, you’ll put your skills to work helping our providers improve the care of the 6 plus million patients our providers treat annually in over 250 practices throughout the United States. You’ll have the recognition and support you need to grow professionally. And you’ll have the opportunity to discover work you really love in a family oriented company that wants you to succeed.
We are actively searching for a Business Analyst to support our growing Practice Management Consulting team. In this role you will provide analytical, research, and project coordination services to CEP America Physician Leaders, MedAmerica Practice Lines, and Program Development. As the Business Analyst you support work being done to improve care delivery and related quality, performance, and operational metrics across the Acute Care Continuum.
A few of the core duties include: ad hoc survey creation, data collection, validation, analysis and reporting, project planning, coordination, management, and implementation of new and existing performance and quality improvement programs.
If you have a passion for not only healthcare but data as well, this is the role for you!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to…
- Provide onsite assistance with operational assessments and program implementation.
- Help with the development and writing of site annual reports, operational assessments, and project proposals.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests from Medical Directors, consultants, and program managers.
- Develop, prepare, compile and analyze ad-hoc surveys from clients as requested.
- Complete data analysis and interpretation, including financial statements and statistical reports.
- Work with physicians, workgroups, and committees to develop necessary supporting materials (e.g. manual, training modules, curriculum, etc.) for the diverse practices and programs.
- Pilot & evaluate impact of projects and their ability to meet the defined objectives and outcomes.
- Conduct research to investigate new innovations, programs or technologies to support practice line development and implementation efforts.
- Provide project support in the development of new process improvement initiatives to address quality improvement, patient flow and performance issues across all CEP practice lines.
- Work collaboratively to project manage the implementation of various CEP America programs such as those developed by the Practice Line Directors, Directors of Quality and Performance, Operational Consultants, IT, Marketing, CEP America Regional Directors and CEP America Medical Directors.
Our Ideal Candidate Profile…
- Bachelor’s level education
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in planning, coordinating and implementing healthcare-focused programs
- Strong customer service skills
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Understanding of lean / process improvement methodologies
- Excellent writing skills (writing sample will need to be submitted during interview process)
- Data analysis and interpretation skills, including financial statements and statistical reports
- Proven ability to establish credibility quickly with internal and external customers
- Knowledge of program development and project management concepts
- Demonstrate ability to handle detailed work accurately and quickly, work to deadlines on multiple projects, and work as a team member in a collaborative and participatory manner
- Required skills: expertise in Windows environment with proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
When you work at MedAmerica, you share your talents with an awesome team that makes coming to work empowering and fun. That’s why our employees have voted us a Best Place to Work in the Bay Area for nine years. That and some pretty incredible benefits:
- Competitive benefits package: Superior health plan options, best in class 401k plan (with a very generous company match like you’ve never seen before), 3 weeks paid vacation in your first year, tuition reimbursement policy, paid sabbaticals, and more!
- A Culture of Caring: MedAmericans not only like working together, but care about one another personally and professionally. We host fun staff activities, health and wellness programs, employee recognition programs, and so much more.
- Location, Location, Location: Whether you report to the central office in Emeryville or work remotely, MedAmerica is happy to meet you halfway with commuter benefits or home office support.
Your Life. Your Career. Your Success. Apply Today!
MedAmerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CEP America is one of the leading providers of acute care management and staffing solutions in the nation. Founded in 1975, we now serve more than 5.2 million patients annually at over 140 practice locations throughout the United States.
We are an integrated team of emergency medicine, hospital medicine, anesthesia, ambulatory, urgent care, and post-acute care providers committed to caring for patients with acute medical conditions. The CEP America team includes on-site clinical providers, as well as dedicated management and billing services through the MedAmerica family of companies.