Pulmonary Critical Care Job In Independence, Missouri
Pulmonary/Critical Care | Kansas City | Immediate ramp in established practiceNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Eileen Duffy: Sign in to view
Centerpoint Medical Center is seeking a BC/BE Pulmonary/Critical Care physician to join the team at Jackson County Pulmonary in 2020. The opportunity features a mature, established practice that boasts a strong reputation having served the community for 20+ years. The incoming candidate will participate in a weekly rotation covering the ICU, inpatient and outpatient clinic settings. Standard critical care procedures will include bronchoscopy, central line and chest tube placement. An interest in bronchial thermoplasty and EBUS are preferred but not required.
The incoming candidate will be part of a 1:6 call rotation.
This practice is positioned to offer an attractive compensation and comprehensive benefit package to include production bonus, CME, health, dental, malpractice insurance, 401K and many other benefits. Student loan repayment and sign on bonus are also available.
About Centerpoint Medical Center
Centerpoint Medical Center is unlike any other hospital in eastern Jackson County. The hospital features the latest healthcare technology and offers innovative programs and services for patients and their families. Centerpoint Medical Center offers high-tech care in a beautiful, comfortable setting designed to exceed the expectations of those we serve. With 285 private rooms, the hospital features a strong complement of subspecialists.
About Kansas City
* Kansas City consistently ranks as one of the top 10 places to live in the U.S.
* The Kansas City region is a two-state region home to more than 2.5 million people, comprised of 18 counties and 50 communities--offering a diverse economy that mirrors the U.S., allowing companies to take calculated risk and test new products.
* Home to corporate headquarters giants including Cerner, AMC, Garmin, Hallmark and H&R Block, among many others!
* KCI features 10 major airlines and the fewest flight delays, making travel easy. With non-stop flights available, you can be on either coast in 3 hours or less. New airport enhancements and renovations underway!
* On average, housing in KC is 22 percent less than the U.S. average and the average commute time is 23 minutes or less. The affordability and balance in lifestyle allow you to propel yourself personally faster without compromising your ability to access world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and sporting events!
* Kansas City ranked No. 19 on Forbes' list of the 20 Happiest Cities to Work in Right Now. Eight key factors were considered when creating this list including work-life balance, compensation, opportunities for advancement, resources and more. Forbes, The Huffington Post, National Geographic, CNBC and Thrillist all agree, Kansas City is a top place to live and work.
Applicants will be accepted until qualified candidates are identified. AA/EOE. This position does not qualify for Visa sponsorship.
If you are not familiar with Kansas City, let me tell you it is one of the best kept secrets in the US! Recently it was named one of the 10 best downtown areas by Forbes magazine. It is consistently listed as one of the top 10 places to live in the US due to the affordability of housing, great job market, cultural interests, sports activities and facilities, and geographic location. Even though KC is considered the Midwest, it is technically almost in the exact center of the US!
Although there had already been a wide variety of artists living, working, and coalescing around downtown Kansas City, the brand new Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts just opened in September and quickly became central, and a visual monument" to just how seriously Kansas City takes the arts. Combine that love of culture with a walkable and livable downtown, a wide variety of neighborhoods such as The Plaza, which is known for its upscale shopping and entertainment. Plus, everywhere you look in Kansas City, there’s another fountain dancing in front of you. They were one of the first cities in the US to add a pedestrian mall back in the fifties says Jason Clampet, senior online editor for Frommers.com. Plus you’ve got great barbecue there, and you can spend all day going from barbecue to barbecue joint . . . it’s that delicious. - Forbes Magazine. Come see what we have to offer!
Centerpoint Medical Center is conveniently located at 19600 E. 39th St. (39th and Little Blue Parkway, just off I-70) in Independence, Mo. Our campus includes a recently constructed medical center itself and a medical office building / outpatient services center connected to the hospital (on the west side of the hospital).
Centerpoint features 221 private rooms, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with the high-tech services we offer, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients. In addition, we offer numerous features for visitors, including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas, wireless internet access throughout the facility, etc.
- Level II Trauma Center (the only one in eastern Jackson County) with 24/7 Emergency Services
- An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular Services
- Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports Medicine
- An accredited Cancer Program and a state-of-the-art Breast Center with a nurse navigator
- Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine disorders as well as injuries
- Women’s Services, including the only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in eastern Jackson County to provide care for early or ill newborns and a labor and delivery unit
- Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound care center, sleep disorders center, imaging, rehab and more.