Emergency Medicine Job In Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Academic PhysicianNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Robin Lorber: Sign in to view
Myrtle Beach in Brief
Situated at the center of a large, continuous stretch of beach known as the Grand Strand in northeastern South Carolina, Myrtle Beach is a mecca for tourism, attracting 16 million visitors every year. Those who live there get to enjoy its southern charm, 1.2-mile boardwalk and award-winning offerings year-round.
The Myrtle Beach File
- Education. Horry County Schools serves about 40,000 Myrtle Beach students, making it the third largest public school district in South Carolina.
- Real Estate Whether you’re seeking a beachfront property, a home with a golf course view or a condo or townhouse, you’ll find the Myrtle Beach housing market has something for every budget.
- Family Myrtle Beach is a great place for families, since it offers plenty of family-friendly recreation, cultural and entertainment options.
- Culture. From theaters and music venues to museums and art galleries—plus amusement parks and casino cruises—Myrtle Beach has cultural activities to suit every taste.
- Recreation. Myrtle Beach is a recreational wonderland, with activities including water sports, boating and fishing, biking, tennis, skateboarding and golf.
- Weather. Myrtle Beach enjoys a subtropical climate that features long, hot summers and short, mild winters—plus more than 2,800 hours of annual sunshine.
Myrtle Beach Fun Fact
Myrtle Beach is technically a manmade island, as it’s been separated from the continental U.S. since 1936 by the Intracoastal Waterway.