RN Job In Arlington, Texas
Award Winning Magnet Facility - Med/surg RN - Arlington TXNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Texas Health Arlington Memorial, is in search of a Registered Nurse for the Med/surg unit. Texas Health Arlington Memorial is ranked among the best hospitals in Dallas-Fort Worth by U.S. News & World Report. It is also designated as a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, an honor that recognizes hospitals for excellence in nursing, and was the first facility in Arlington to earn the designation. Texas Health Arlington Memorial is conveniently located at the corner of Randol Mill Road and Cooper Street in North Arlington.
Our 20 bed Med/surg unit is a cohesive team environment that improves the quality of care for the following patient population: General Medical patients with diagnoses such as COPD, Pneumonia, CHF, Infectious Diseases, and Surgical overflow. There is remote tele on this unit.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Our facilities are located across the greater Dallas – Ft. Worth area with a centrally located corporate office in Arlington, TX. We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the US that has the resources to offer a variety of career growth and professional development opportunities with equally remarkable benefits. Join our award-winning Texas Health family and contribute to our mission “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”. A few recent accomplishments we achieved include:
- 2015 and 2016 FORTUNE Magazine's “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
- 2015 “Healthiest Employer in North Texas” by Dallas Business Journal and 2015 Fortune “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials”
- Ranked #1 on the Fortune's 2015 and 2016 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care” and #2 on the nation's 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity for 2015 by Great Place to Work®
- 2015 and 2016 Platinum-level recognition from the American Heart Association (AHA) for being a “Fit-Friendly Worksite”
- 2015 Great Place to Work® and Fortune list of “50 Best Workplaces for Camaraderie”
- 2016 Becker's Healthcare's "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare"
- Named by Hospital & Health Networks magazine as one of the nation's 2016 “Most Wired” health care systems for the 16th time in 18 years
- Ranked #1 on 2016 “100 Best Workplaces for Women list” by Great Place to Work®
- Platinum-level recognition in the 2016 Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles® awards, sponsored by the National Business Group on Health (eighth year to appear on the list but is our first time to receive the Platinum award)
- Stage 7 Revalidation~ Texas Health Resources recently earned revalidation recognition for the premier award for electronic health record (EHR) adoption
Texas Health provides an environment for optimal success and we pride ourselves on providing eligible employees with a variety of great benefits which include:
- Matching 401 (K) plan, Flex Spending Accounts and a Credit Union
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness and Career Development Programs and Adoption Assistance
- Competitive compensation packages / Relocation Coach
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for eligible employees
- Life, AD&D and Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Coverage
- On-site Child Care and Fitness Centers (at select locations)
- Company Volunteer days
- Nursing Career Ladder and much more
- Graduate of a NLN (National League of Nursing) or CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) accredited nursing programs. BSN preferred
- RNs hired after January, 2014, require completion of BSN within 3 years of start date. RNs hired within THR after December, 2016, require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date.
- Current Registered Nurse license to practice in Texas or Compact State.
- Current AHA BLS training.
- One year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program, or acceptance into a THR residency program.
- Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing
- Current AHA BLS training.
- A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
Strong Preference for experienced, technical, RN's with the following
- BSN preferred
- 2+ years of experience as an RN in acute care (Med/Surg, ICU, Tele, Pulmonary) or rehab setting preferred
- Med/surg certification preferred
Practices within the regulations of the Texas Nurse Practice Act. Serves as a role model, intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care. Possesses organizational skills to function successfully in a fast paced work environment.
Provides for patient's physical, psychosocial, cognitive and religious needs as appropriate to chronological/developmental age of the patient.
Educates patient/family and provides informational needs and barriers to learning and provides materials and visual aids in language and reading level that patients/parents/families can understand. Ensure the patient/parent's/significant other verbalizes an understanding of the information given. Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift and inter-hospital, while expediting out of hospital transfers. Complete accurate report which includes bedside rounding.
Verbally receive and document physician orders. Ensure orders are complete, legible and clarified.
Maintains professional accountability and enhances nursing skills.
Coordinates care for assigned patients and serves as patient advocate.
Communicates per department expectations
Provides for patient privacy and dignity.
Adapts to changes in workload assignment functioning as Resource/Charge Nurse as needed.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class
“Medical”, “Surgical” , “Nurse” , “Nursing” “RN”, “Registered Nurse”, “M/S”, “Medical Surgical”, “Medical and Surgical” Nursing, “Medical Surgical Nurse”, “Medical Unit”, “Rehab”, “Post-Surgical” “Sigma Theta Tau”, “BSN”, “Associate Nurse” “Diploma Nurse” “BSN” “Bachelor's Degree in Nursing” “**Nur” “, “nurse clinician”, “clinical nurse”, “ Neuro Telemetry”, “M/S tele” “ICU”, “critical care” “infusion”, “hospice”,“Telemetry”, “Cardiac Telemetry”, “Tele” “Surgical Telemetry”, “Trauma Nurse”, “Med Surg”, M/S, “Med/Surg”, “Short Stay” “Neuro RN” “Ortho RN” “AMSN”, “MedSurg” “Baylor” “HCA”, “MD Anderson”, “Plaza”, , “HPNA”; “OCN”; “Oncology Nursing Society”; “Medical Surgical Tele"; “TX”; “North Texas"; “DFW"; 'PCU", "Progressive Care", "PCCN", "Travel Nurse", “Agency Nurse", "Sigma Theta Tau", "Sub acute"
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/hnvmk6tjjmc4wpvr