Pulmonary Critical Care Job In Tucson, Arizona
Intensivist Opportunity in ArizonaNext Steps... Apply Now
Currently seeking an enthusiastic Critical Care Physician to join our Intensivist program in beautiful Tucson, Arizona!
You’ll be part of building a top-notch Intensivist program alongside our Program Medical Director, who is a consummate teacher, and founder of the Critical Care fellowship at University of Arizona.
Carondelet St. Mary’s Hospital, Arizona’s first hospital, was founded in 1880 includes Carondelet Heart & Vascular Institute, dedicated to providing high quality cardiac and vascular care. Our minimally invasive surgical techniques are just some of the reasons why we’re Southern Arizona’s leader in heart care.
- 449 bed community medical center
- 40 bed Medical, Surgical, and Cardio ICU
- Catheterization labs and hybrid operating suites
- Excellent ancillary support - Comprehensive stroke center
- EMR: Cerner
Awards & Recognitions
- Honored by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association for the quality of stroke care.
- Selected by the Joint Commission as one of the top performing hospitals in the nation for quality and safety in their care of the following: heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, stroke and surgical care.
- National Accreditation as Chest Pain Center and Designated by Arizona Department of Health Services as Cardiac Arrest Center; certified by the American Associate of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Tucson is situated in the eastern portion of Pima County, Arizona in one of the lushest valleys found in the Sonoran Desert. Surrounded by five unique mountain ranges, opportunities for outdoor exploration are endless. A quick drive along the Catalina Highway-Sky Island National Scenic Byway can take you from the lower elevations of the valley floor to the summit of Mt. Lemmon at 9,157 feet. In roughly an hour this scenic drive traverses seven of the world's nine life zones—the span of ecosystems you'd see driving from Mexico to Canada. The city is bordered on all sides by protected natural areas: Coronado National Forest, Catalina State Park, Ironwood Forest National Monument, and Saguaro National Parks East and West (the best places to see the giant saguaro cactus native only to Southern Arizona and Native Mexico). Because of the variety of terrain and proximity to protected areas and parks Tucson is widely considered one of the world’s best destinations for activities such as hiking, cycling, rock climbing, horseback riding, and just about anything else you would want to do outdoors.
Home to the University of Arizona, Tucson is a destination that hosts nearly 7 million visitors a year; a place known for outstanding hiking and outdoor adventures, rich cultural traditions, a vibrant arts scene, world-class golf and great dining; and a thriving desert home to more than 1 million residents. Designated as the first UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy in the United States, Tucson is also known world-wide for its culinary traditions and amazing assortment of restaurants, including those that comprise The Best 23 Miles of Mexican Food - without a doubt the premier destination for Mexican Food in the entire U.S.
Sound Critical Care is a Physician established and led group that partners with community hospitals to manage and improve ICU’s nationwide. Our success is based on practicing medicine by design, not default.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
- Above-Market compensation
- Generous commencement and retention bonus plus annual CME allowance
- Professional Liability Coverage including full tail coverage
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage option for physician and dependents
- Relocation Allowance, 401(k), Partnership track
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO
- Must be Board Certified or board eligible in Critical Care Medicine.
- Eligible to work in the United States. Not a J1 visa qualified area.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward thinking and demonstrate problem solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Visit us at booth 208 at the SCCM Conference in San Antonio – February 25th-27th! (Society of Critical Care Medicine)
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.