Radiologic Technologist Job In Pharr, Texas
Exceptional CT/X-ray Tech Opportunity in new FSEDNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Kyle Harville: Sign in to view
Mercer Emergency Center is dedicated to providing a higher level of care that not only meets our patient’s needs, but exceeds their expectations. We are seeking an experienced Radiologic Technologist to contribute to the long term success of our newly-constructed Emergency Center, opening in 2017. Come join us and help us create a phenomenal practice in Pharr, TX! If you’re passionate about providing excellent customer service and quality patient care, we want to talk to you!
Who You Are:
You perform radiologic examinations following established procedures for patient care and safety.
- Prepares patients for radiologic procedures. Performs radiographic studies following established procedures for patient care and safety.
- Uses a variety of radiation protection and shielding materials.
- Ensures equipment is in working order. Reports equipment malfunctions to Department Head.
- Logs radiologic procedures completed. Processes related paperwork using computer equipment as directed.
- Maintains examination rooms. Stocks necessary medical and radiologic supplies.
- Performs basic nursing duties to ensure good patient flow.
- Responsible for packaging, signing of medical records release forms & logging radiographic studies.
- Ensures all radiographs achieve a radiographic interpretation by clarifying discrepancies.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Minimum high school degree or equivalent.
- Graduate of a two year accredited or registered School of Radiology program
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) Licensed by Texas
- Department of Health as a Certified Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT)
- Registered CT Technologist ARRT (R) (CT)
- Current compliance with Continuing Medical Education (CME)
- Current Cardiac Pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology necessary to perform X-Ray and CT testing including body mechanics and patient movement.
- Proficient at starting angio cath IV lines
- Experience of CT injectors and ability to recognize contrast reactions, and infiltration
- Working knowledge of CT injectors, able to recognize contract reactions, and infiltration
- Knowledge of radiology equipment including safety hazards common to radiology.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, patients, and families.
- Able to withstand physical & mental demands: standing, walking, stooping, bending. Requires ability to move equipment and transfer patients.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Up-to-date on annual radiation protection in-service, and provide documentation.
- Up- to-date on annual blood borne pathogen in-service, and provide documentation.
- Up-to-date on injections, and provide documentation, as per OSHA guidelines.
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and written.
Contact Us Today!
We are in the process of accepting resumes and scheduling confidential interviews.
Apply Online or submit your resume to email@example.com. We will be in contact to answer any question and get you started.
For over 30 years we have been partnering with dynamic, independent emergency and hospitalist physician groups taking their existing practices to the next level. We provide the consultation and information necessary to make an informed and educated decision by looking at several key factors when evaluating a practice opportunity for you.
Guided by our mission of improving the availability and quality of the emergency medicine delivery system in every community our partners serve. We provide physicians and advanced practice providers, at any stage of their career, a focused, professional, and effective career changing experience.
We provide direct access to hospitals, medical groups, and individual practices with highly qualified physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants to meet their permanent staffing needs.