Nurse Practitioner Job In Las Vegas, Nevada
Advanced Practitioner Opportunity - Critical CareNext Steps... Apply Now
Las Vegas, Nevada - Intensivist Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant
As an Advance Practice Provider (APP) with Sound - The Intensivist Group, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our Intensivist teams.
The Critical Care APP works in collaboration with a multidisciplinary health care team under the direction of the Intensivist. You will practice evidence based medicine in keeping with protocols and processes designed and utilized by The Intensivist Group Critical Care program in the ICU.
The Critical Care AP manages the critical care related problems and diagnoses patients assigned by the Intensivist. The Critical Care AP will also assist and perform procedures in the ICU, under the supervision of the Intensivist. Additionally, the Critical Care MLP will perform daily follow up visits to select patients, chosen by the Intensivist, who have been transferred out of the ICU to a step down unit to help in the transition of care and to prevent ICU readmission. on.
We are excited to announce a new partnership with St. Rose Dominican Hospitals in Las Vegas, Nevada. This position serves two high acuity community hospitals caring for medical, surgical, neuro and cardiothoracic ICU patients.
- Established seven physician team with six advanced practitioners
- Busy, sophisticated, highly complex, high acuity combined medical surgical ICU caring for cardiovascular surgery and neurosurgery cases in addition to general surgery and medical ICU patients.
- Stanford Satellite Neuro-Surgery Group. Committed partnership established in 2012, the affiliation between the two organizations represents the first time Stanford Hospital ventured out of California for a clinical collaboration. The partnership marks the high level of quality and community trust of Dignity Health, St. Rose Dominican with world-renowned expertise of Stanford Hospital treatment of neurological disorders.
- Partnership with Stanford Clinic’s cardiovascular and thoracic surgery program, advancing the science of cardiovascular and thoracic surgery through the use of new types of hybrid cardiac/cardiovascular surgery procedures, decreasing the rate of post-surgical complications while increasing patient survival rates.
- 436 average combined heart surgeries over the past 3 years.
- Experienced on-site leadership and program operational program support
- Efficiently run hospital with professional, supportive and experienced nursing team
- Schedule model – 12-hour day, in-house coverage; dedicated night call coverage.
- Separate physician and APP coverage provided to three area, high acuity LTAC’s, providing continuity of care to patients post ICU discharge
Education, Training & Experience Required
- Valid Physician’s Assistant license in NV
- Current certification from National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Graduate of AMA approved Physician’s Assistant Program
- Minimum of two years-experience in critical care
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner:
- Valid Nurse Practitioner license in NV
- Current certification as a Nurse Practitioner
- Advanced practice degree from an accredited program
- Minimum of two years-experience in critical care
- Competitive shift based compensation
- Commencement bonus
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including additional annual CME allowance
- Relocation allowance
- Professional liability coverage including full tail coverage
We invest in our colleagues and believe that every provider is a leader in their hospital. You will start with a comprehensive on boarding process and participate in training courses, ranging from Crucial Conversations® to process improvement, using a combination of in-person and online training options.
Beyond the lights of the Strip and its world class restaurants and entertainment, Las Vegas and the surrounding communities of Henderson and Summerlin are a different world. Beneath the veneer of a vacation destination are solid, family oriented ethnically diverse communities with excellent schools, recreation, and resources for children, families, and retirees. The Las Vegas valley has great weather with 295 days of sunshine per year allowing year round outdoor activities, including world class golf and access to over 300 miles of dedicated biking and walking trails. Henderson city parks are ranked 19th in the United States by CNN and The Trust for Public Land. Mount Charleston at nearly 12,000 feet offers skiing and snow-boarding less than an hour drive from downtown. Lake Mead, created by the Hoover Dam, offers year round big lake boating. McCarren International Airport is the 9th busiest airport in the United States and offers direct flights to Asia, South America, and Europe. The lifestyle benefits of living in Las Vegas are compounded by affordable housing and no state income tax. There is a reason that Las Vegas is one of the fastest growing cities in America.
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.