Ophthalmology Job In La Porte, Indiana
Seeking Ophthalmologist - Northwest INDIANA - 60 miles east of Chicago (Lake Michigan)Next Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Julie Cox: Sign in to view
Seeking a Board Eligible/Board Certified general Ophthalmologist to join an existing busy practice.
- Existing patient base
- Up to date office and equipment
- Surgery time available at outpatient surgery center
- Collegial, supportive work group
- 1:2 call
- Two other providers in the practice (Dr. Mannix [MD] and Kathryn Sommers [Optometry])
Reason for search: Reason departure of an Ophthalmologist (Dr. Patel who left June 2017). Area supply and demand data show a shortage of 3.9 FTEs in service area.
Opportunity is available to develop a satisfying practice in a progressive, family-oriented community.
A position with La Porte Physician Network offers work-life balance in a progressive, family-oriented community and the following:
- Competitive income guarantee (based on MGMA guidelines) with overhead support
- Recruitment Bonus (commencement and/or signing)
- Medical Education Debt Assistance
- Residency or Fellowship Stipend
- Relocation Allowance
- CME Allowance
- Marketing Allowance
- Licensure, Dues, Subscriptions, and Certifications allowance
La Porte Hospital Description
La Porte Hospital has been the hear of healthcare in La Porte for more than 40 years, with a mission of improving health of their patients and communities. Nestled in a bedroom community on the southern shore of Lake Michigan, about 60 miles east of Chicago, and surrounded by inland lakes and parks, La Porte Hospital is the anchor business of the historic downtown. At 227 licensed beds, the hospital provides exceptional acute care with strong programs in cardiology (Certified Primary Stroke Center), orthopedics, surgical services, emergency care, and maternal health. La Porte Health System also comprises Lakeshore Surgicare (outpatient surgery center), La Porte Physician Network (multi-specialty medical group of more than 75 physicians in about 40 locations), Wellness and Rehabilitation Services, Sports Medicine, Occupational Services, and Urgent Care, among others. The hospital will break ground on a new hospital in 2018, to open in 2020. Join us and be part of our NEW hospital.