Medical Records Job In Dallas, Texas
HIM Coding ManagerNext Steps... Apply Now
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Responsible for monitoring and auditing coding quality for both diagnostic and procedural code assignments for all patient visits coded for Parkland.
Prefer Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Must have ten years of coding experience to include three years of lead supervisory experience.
- Must be certified through the American Health Information Management Association as one of the following:
- Registered Health Information Management Technician (RHIT)
- Registered Health Information Management Administrator (RHIA)
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
- Certified Coding Specialist Physician Based (CCS-P)
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-700.A: National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction by November 1, 2014 or obtain within 30 days of placement in role whichever date is greater.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-100.HCB: Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS 100) for Healthcare/Hospitals by November 1, 2014 or obtain within 30 days of placement in role whichever date is greater.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-200.HCA: Applying ICS to Healthcare Organizations (ICS 200) by November 1, 2014 or obtain within 30 days of placement in role whichever date is greater.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate an advanced knowledge of both ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 coding procedures.
- Must possess strong knowledge and practice of specific laws and regulations related to coding and billing imposed on health care systems by various agencies.
- Must possess strong knowledge of all official coding guidelines.
- Must be able to demonstrate oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to prioritize functions, create and maintain a budget, and monitor productivity. Must be able to work well with other managers.
- Must have strong skills in diplomacy, professionalism and trustworthiness.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent computer skills, including word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Knowledge of 3M coding and abstracting software is preferred.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
There's plenty to enjoy about Parkland's location in Dallas. Whatever your interests, you'll find Dallas will fit your life well. A cosmopolitan city, there’s a diversity of cultural, sporting, shopping and recreational opportunities here. And with more restaurants per capita than New York City, the dining options are both plentiful and delicious. Dallas is a great place to make a life where work and play, productivity and leisure are in perfect balance.
At Parkland, our professionals are fulfilling our commitment to the Dallas community. Continually pushing forward with the latest technology, tools and treatments, the staff at Parkland provides noteworthy care.
- We're a premier training center for the nation’s top physicians, serving as the primary teaching and research hospital for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
- Our trauma and burn centers are recognized internationally—our regional burn center pioneered skin graft techniques, infection control and nutritional support for burn patients.
- Parkland delivers more babies each year than any other hospital in the country and our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit cares for more critically ill infants than any other hospital nationwide.