Medical Technician/Technologist Job In Lakeland, Florida
Medical Technologist - Full TimeNext Steps... Apply Now
Education: Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology or related Science degree along with the successful completion of an approved formal training program in Medical Technology.
Experience: Previous experience in a clinical laboratory setting with experience processing specimens for analysis or referral. Experience in the collection of specimens for testing. Experience with laboratory information systems and related computer programs.
Other Requirements: Active State of Florida license as a Medical Technologist in Hematology, Chemistry, Microbiology, and Serology. Registry with either ASCP, AMT, NCA, AAB, or HEW preferred.
- Accurate and reproducible results of routine and complex manual and automated testing as ordered by the clinician or Laboratory Director. Results are produced in a timely manner.
- Performs and understands quality control programs including evaluation of values, documentation of errors and corrective action, and the maintenance of records in the appropriate logs.
- Performs and records scheduled equipment maintenance, troubleshooting of equipment problems, and provides immediate notification to department supervisor in the event of any malfunctions.
- Recognizes normal and life-threatening results and follows protocol for notification of results to the clinician along with complete documentation on worksheets and in the LIS.
- Proficient operation of the LIS and other computer related programs. Keeps current with changes and upgrades to each system.
- Participates in Proficiency Testing programs along with other departmental quality assurance programs. Understands the importance of specimen integrity and recognizes any events that may compromise the quality of testing and reporting of results. Willingness to assume other duties as required.
Located between Tampa Bay beaches and Orlando attractions, Lakeland is a growing city supported by a variety of robust businesses and families of all ages. Although the population continues to grow, the city's cost of living and taxes are among the lowest in the state and NO STATE INCOME TAX!
Lakeland is within an hour of 2 major airports, Tampa and Orlando International, and is conveniently located near Interstate 4 (I-4) along the stretch of Florida's High Tech Corridor. Our centralized location ensures a healthy environment where locally owned shops and restaurants thrive, as well as the largest manufacturers and nationally recognized companies such as Geico Insurance, FedEx, Publix supermarkets and Rooms-To-Go Furniture.
With year-round moderate weahter, 243 days of sunshine, and some of the country's best sports teams and world-renowned attractions, Lakeland is a fun and fulfilling place to live. Lakeland also harbors a medley of cultural treats such as the internationally known architecutre of Frank Lloyd Wright on the campus of Florida Southern College and the Imperial Symphony Orchestra. Residents enjoy a variety of outdoor activities including water skiing, fishing, boating, cycling and golf. Close to Disney World, Universal Studios, Sea World, Busch Gardens, NFL's Tampa Bay Bucs, NHL's Tampa Bay Lightening, MBL's Tampa Bay Rays, and Legoland. Lakeland is also the spring training home of the Detroit Tigers with Clinic physicians serving as the offical medical provider for their Florida operation.
Since 1941, Watson Clinic has built a reputation for healthcare excellence, epitomizing the highest standards in expertise, technology and service. These qualities also distinguish our staff, as they are inspired by our warm, friendly and professional atmosphere. As a member of the Watson Clinic team, you are a member of our family and play a crucial role in benefiting the lives of every patient we serve. With our emphasis on quality service, a positive work environment, and our mission of improving the wellness of our community, it's easy to understand why Watson Clinic is one of Central Florida's premier places to work.
The truest measurement of the Watson Clinic difference lies in the bright minds and compassionate spirits of our people. We hope you will choose to make Watson Clinic part of your future, as only the best and most talented will be chosen to carry on the Clinic's legacy.