Job In San Diego, California
Pharmacy Process Audit TechnicianNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Adam DeBruin RPh: Sign in to view
- Direct HireYes
- Temp to PermanentNo
- Minimum Salary65000
- Maximum Salary66000
Progressive Health Plan located in San Diego CA is currently recruiting for a full-time Pharmacy Process Audit Technician. This position offers opportunities for personal and professional growth.
The Pharmacy Process/Audit Tech conducts oversight and audit of Pharmacy department and PBM activities to ensure compliance with a department policies and procedures as well as state and federal regulations. They will validate accuracy, completeness and timeliness for all commercial and Medicare pharmacy processes, including but not limited to formulary file postings, website postings, claims adjudication, and member and provider letters. Completes daily denied claims review for all lines of business and conducts calls to members, pharmacies and provider offices to facilitate member access to care. Processes member reimbursement requests and supports Prior Authorization review when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or health care related field required
- Ability to function independently and manage a variety of project simultaneously.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and multiple priorities.
- Excellent knowledge of medical terminology, especially terms used in pharmacy practice, trade/generic drug names, drug pricing interpretation, metric system, CMS Part D regulations and requirements and CMS RXCUI nomenclature, state and federal pharmacy regulations.
- Excellent computer skills in Internet and PC based software application, including word processing, manipulation of complex databases, Excel spreadsheets and pivot tables, and project management software.
- Effective interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Experience and success with interacting with senior level positions, both internally and externally.
- Ability to analyze data and other written and verbal information.
- Ability to synopsize and produce recommendations to managers succinctly yet thoroughly.
- Experience in position requires high levels of cooperation, collaboration, analysis, troubleshooting, and problem resolution.
- Research skills and experience producing executive summaries, presentation, proposals, and recommendations.
- Demonstrated experience in writing and editing of varied communication materials.
- Previous health plan/PBM experience preferred
- Previous experience with Medicare Part D programs preferred
We are looking for a bachelors prepared data analyst with experience working with large databases (Excel or Access) and have Medicare Part D experience. This person should enjoy working with data sources (analyzing, manipulating, summarizing, and finding trends).
RPh Professional Search has been helping pharmacists find pharmacy jobs in hospitals since 1997. Our firm gives you the opportunity to work with us on a confidential, comprehensive job search! At RPh Professional Search, we work for you!
We ARE the Pharmacy Job Recruiting Experts!
- Pharmacist Owned and Operated
- Personalized, Confidential Search
- No Cost to our Candidates
- One Stop Approach - No need to post your resume on job Boards
- We work FOR YOU!
The Hospital Pharmacy landscape has changed. Nationally, the number of pharmacy schools has increased from 75 to more than 130 during the last 15 years - enrollment also has increased significantly. Career advancing pharmacy jobs are harder than ever to find. Our reputation, experience, and pharmacy knowledge is second to none. Since 1997, our tenure of national pharmacist placements, relationships/connections, and attendance at national conventions allows us to uniquely help you.