Nocturnist Job In Kalamazoo, Michigan
Nocturnist Opportunity in Southwest Michigan!Next Steps... Apply Now
Kalamazoo, Michigan – Currently hiring Internal or Family Medicine (Physician Hospitalist)
The city of Kalamazoo is based in the southwest region of Michigan along the bank of a major bend in the Kalamazoo River and the broad Kalamazoo Valley. The city was once the home of the Hopewell Native Americans who had migrated to the area sometime before the first millennium. There is still evidence of the Hopewell civilization in the downtown area of Bronson Park. Kalamazoo is also home to the start of the Gibson Guitar Corporation, which produces some of the world's finest quality guitars to this day.
Western Michigan University resides within Kalamazoo, Michigan along with four other collegiate institutions. WMU is one of the 50 largest universities and is among the top 100 public schools in the nation. The culture of Kalamazoo is largely due to its college town atmosphere and has become an are for the arts where local artists are celebrated and festivals are held annually.
Through People We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
- 330 bed, non-profit hospital that is part of the Ascension Health System.
- Established 22 physician team with hospitalist RN
- Subspecialty support to include: Surgery, Vascular, Surg, Behavior Health, Cancer, Cardiology, ED, FM, IM, Heart Care, Hyperbaric Medicine, LTAC, Neuro, Occ health, Occ Therapy, Onco, ortho, Palliative Care, Rehab, Pulmo, lab, Urgent Care, Pharm, Spine Care, OB,GYN
- Rapid team under critical care handles RRTs and Codes
- No call
- Closed ICU
- Internal Medicine/Family Medicine
- Cerner EMR
- H1-b eligible facility
- Visa sponsorship available through our retained immigration attorney with all required filing fees and services covered
- Blocked schedule with 7on/7off for a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload and true work/life balance
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME.
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
- Resident physicians and new grads welcome to apply
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.