Family Medicine Job In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Primary Care Services Chief Physician - Philadelphia, PANext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Jeff Toyne: Sign in to view
The Chief, Primary Care, of Hahnemann Primary Care serves as a role model and advocate for the cultural values of the Health System: respect, integrity, stewardship, and excellence. In collaboration with the COO of the Practice Plan, the Director of Operations and the administrative team, the Primary Care Chief develops, implements, and evaluates the medical practice delivery model in accordance with the goals of Hahnemann Primary Care (HPC), Hahnemann University Hospital and the Practice Plan. The Chief shares in the administrative responsibilities that directly impact medical services and collaborates with the management team in overall planning, supervision of providers and including budget based activities.
1. The Chief will participate in the recruitment, management, and retention of providers.
2. Performs clinical supervision of medical staff, including regular performance appraisals of clinical services and feedback to management regarding staff quality.
3. Provides supervision of clinical scheduling, call and approved time off for medical staff.
4. Provides supervision of continuing professional education, in-service training and orientation of new medical staff.
5. Advises on purchase of medical equipment.
6. Leads planning for the development of new clinical programs, including quality tracking/reporting.
7. Facilitates medical staff/provider meetings related to clinical issues.
8. Works with billing/coding staff for medical record reviews for all medical staff focusing on quality of care and appropriate coding.
9. Reviews input from medical staff on their ideas and concerns with the Director or Clinical Manager.
1. Works with the Clinical Manager to develop standards and qualifications for medical personnel.
2. Approval of medical practice procedures and policies. Responsible for maintaining appropriate standards of care.
3. Serves as a liaison between medical staff and administration.
4. Participates, in conjunction with the management team, in the overall budget planning and monitoring process.
Performance Improvement Functions:
1. Oversee and maintain performance improvement processes for HPC as established by the employer, the federal government, payers, and any other entities.
2. Reviews results of patient satisfaction surveys
3. Reviews patient complaints as required.
1. Demonstrates an understanding of HPC’s mission in performing all aspects of the position.
2. Demonstrates a caring and helpful attitude when interacting with patients, vendors and fellow employees. Strives to build cooperative partnerships with internal and external customers.
3. Assists in promoting a medical staff environment in which the medical providers retain independent judgment and responsibility in the practice of medicine, subject to peer review by, and recommendations from HPC’s Chief. Provides an environment in which the medical providers follow and abide by the ethics of the medical profession, all applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances, and any and all other policies adopted by HPC.
4. Participates in other program activities as appropriate.
Clinical duties will also be a part of this position. Must be comfortable seeing patients in an outpatient setting. This is a Full-Time, Monday - Friday schedule.
Please submit a copy of your CV in order to be considered for this position. 7+ years of experience. Must be MD or DO and Board Certified - Family Medicine. No Visa Sponsorship is available at this time.
Philadelphia is one of the oldest cities in the United States. The streets are cobblestone and the architecture is a mix of old and new. Amongst the historical sites (Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, just to name a few) lies many of the area’s finest restaurants, great shops, and boutiques. Lined with many tourist attractions, row homes and safe communities, Philadelphia is the hub of cultural amenities for everyone. From professional sports, Museums and the musical arts, Philadelphia has it all. Some of the country’s finest education institutions are there or a short drive away. 2 hours to NYC, 3 hours to Washington DC and 1 hour to the Atlantic coast puts this area an ideal place to raise a family.
Located in the heart of Philadelphia, Hahnemann University Hospital is a tertiary care institution with a large percentage of beds dedicated to intensive care. This 496-bed academic medical center specializes in cardiac services, heart failure and transplantation, OB/GYN, medical and radiation oncology, bone marrow transplantation, renal dialysis and kidney/pancreas transplantation.
The facility includes the Heart Hospital at Hahnemann, a 198-bed dedicated unit that opened in 1993 as one of the first cardiac centers of its type in the region. The Heart Hospital offers a complete range of tertiary cardiac services.
In 1986, Hahnemann became a Level I Regional Resource Trauma Center for adults and is served by MidAtlantic MedEvac, an aeromedical transport program for critically ill patients.