Nurse Practitioner Job In Tucson, Arizona
Critical Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician AssistantNext Steps... Apply Now
Tucson, Arizona - Critical Care Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant
As an Advance Practice Provider (APP) with Sound - The Intensivist Group, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our Intensivist teams.
The Critical Care APP works in collaboration with a multidisciplinary health care team under the direction of the Intensivist. You will practice evidence based medicine in keeping with protocols and processes designed and utilized by The Intensivist Group Critical Care program in the ICU.
The Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant Role
The Critical Care AP manages the critical care related problems and diagnoses patients assigned by the Intensivist. The Critical Care AP will also assist and perform procedures in the ICU, under the supervision of the Intensivist. Additionally, the Critical Care MLP will perform daily follow up visits to select patients, chosen by the Intensivist, who have been transferred out of the ICU to a step down unit to help in the transition of care and to prevent ICU readmission.
The primary function of this position is to provide ICU night coverage to the 40 bed ICU with support from Sound Hospitalist physicians covering nights.
- 436-bed hospital located in Southern Arizona with a total of 40-ICU beds
- Home of the Carondelet Heart & Vascular Institute providing state of the art cardiovascular care.
- Joint Commission- certified Primary Stroke Center, Designated Cardiac Arrest Center, Society of Chest Pain Centers’ Accredited Chest Pain Center
- 24/7 coverage model
- 12-hour shifts - block shift schedule- 7 on / 7 off
- Excellent shift based compensation
- Generous commencement and retention bonus plus annual CME allowance
- Professional Liability Coverage including full tail coverage
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage option for physician and dependents
- Relocation Allowance, 401(k), Path to Partnership
Tucson is located in Arizona’s Sonoran Desert surrounded by multiple mountain ranges, including the beautiful Santa Catalinas. Tucson was selected by Businessweek magazine as one of the Best Places to Raise Kids. With 350 days of sunshine a year, Tucson offers a wide array of recreational opportunities including golf, hiking, horseback riding, cycling and swimming. In addition to outdoor activities, Tucson offers a wide variety of artistic venues and restaurants featuring varied cuisines. Home to the University of Arizona, Tucson has many vintage shops, nightclubs and restaurants.
- Valid Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Certification
- Active Arizona Licensure
- Must maintain active BLS/ACLS certification
- Must have prior experience working in an acute care hospital in an ICU setting
- Must be able to independently assess, examine and work-up acutely ill patients and be able to review and discuss each patient in a competent manner with the Intensivist on duty
- Must be competent at utilizing computer platforms used for the electronic medical record ,dictation system, radiology reviewing software, and must have neat and legible handwriting
- Must possess the ability to work autonomously and multi-task with minimal supervision
- Must have a friendly, profession demeanor (dress, timeliness, and interactions with hospital and TIG staff) and maintain positive working relationships with medical and surgical staffs, nursing staff, and other members of the multidisciplinary care team
- Eligible to work in the United States. Not a J1 visa qualified area.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward thinking and demonstrate problem solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.