OB/GYN Job In Odessa, Texas
Seeking OB/GYN for Well Established Practice in Odessa TXNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Tom Green: Sign in to view
The Permian Women’s Center, a well-respected 20 year old practice, is seeking an OB/GYN physician to join their team.
- Provide general medical care related to pregnancy or childbirth in accordance with accepted ACOG standards
- Develop plan of care which includes a complete patient history, diagnosis and appropriate treatment
- Confer with physicians, midlevel providers and family members concerning treatment and care of patient
- Make appropriate subspecialty referrals
- Provide general procedures, both diagnostic and therapeutic, using both minimally invasive and traditional surgical techniques
- Call 1 week on, 1 week off
- Work Schedule Monday - Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm
Qualified candidates must be board eligible or board certified in OB/GYN and have an unrestricted TX Medical License. Bilingual skills are a plus. Fellowship training is not required but is preferred.
Odessa is a mid-sized, family-friendly community of 118,000. Combined with Midland, TX, population of 135,000 (just 20 miles away), the city is part of a large metro area of 300,000. An international airport located just 15 minutes from the hospital conveniently connects Odessa/Midland to the rest of country and beyond.
Many residents love living in Odessa for its great sense of community, great schools (including several private school options), and favorable cost of living. Additionally, there are a variety of cultural events and venues including the $17M Wagner Noel Performing Arts Center which is home to the Midland/Odessa Symphony & Chorale as well as plays, concerts, comedians, and other touring acts. Recent performers are or will be REO Speed Wagon, The Blue Man Group, The Piano Guys, Olivia Newton John, The Charlie Daniels Band, The Russian Ballet, Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie - just to name a few.
Odessa has several professional sports teams including the Texas League (Minor League Baseball), the Midland RockHounds (Double-A affiliate of the Oakland A’s), the Odessa Jackalopes (North American Hockey League), and the West Texas Drillers (Minor Professional Football League).
Nature-lovers will appreciate the nearby Davis Mountains State Park and Big Bend National Park (approximately two-and-a-half hours away) which contribute to the region’s beautiful landscape. Outdoor recreation opportunities include hiking, camping, mountain biking, fishing, horseback riding and more.
Community-oriented and family-focused, Odessa is a wonderful place to live and raise a family.
Odessa Regional Medical Center began as a women’s and children’s hospital in 1975. Since then, ORMC has become a leading provider of comprehensive healthcare services. The 225-bed, state-of-the-art hospital now offers sophisticated procedures like heart surgery and is home to the most advanced medical technology available today. ORMC has evolved over the years, but one thing hasn’t changed – the hospital still offers the same family-friendly atmosphere and personal attention patients have trusted for over 40 years.
- Services include 2 high-risk OB clinics, located in Odessa and Midland, staffed with 4 Maternal Fetal Medicine Physicians. The facility has a 9 bed Labor and Delivery Unit and a 49 bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care unit. Specialty women’s services include gynecological surgery, an incontinence program and the Women’s Center with digital mammography, stereotactic biopsy capabilities, and bone density.
- 12-bed Level IV emergency department providing comprehensive emergency medical services
- OR locations on 3 campuses provide ample capacity for Surgical Service lines with 14 ORs. Surgical specialties include Bariatrics, Cardiovascular, General, Gynecological, Orthopedic, Podiatric, Reproductive, Spine, and Urologic cases.
- Comprehensive heart program with cardiac catheterization, heart surgery, 64-slice CT imaging and a broad range of cardiology services
- Advanced diagnostic imaging technology including 64-slice CT Scanner, brand new 1.5 MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Digital Mammography, Ultrasound and Bone Densitometry
Medical Support provided by Hospitalist and Intensivist Programs
- ORMC is proud to be the facility of choice in Odessa as evidenced by the local paper reader’s poll, “Odessa American Best of the Basin”, has voted ORMC the best hospital for 4 years in a row!