RN Job In Dallas, Texas
Rapid Assessment Team Nurse II 3 shifts per week 7p-7aNext Steps... Apply Now
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.PRIMARY PURPOSE
Provides complex or clinical specialty area care for assigned patient population in accordance with established protocols and multi-disciplinary plan of care utilizing independent and interdependent interventions to restore stability, prevent complications, and achieve and maintain optimal patient responses through patient centered/patient valued care.
Responds to patient's worsening conditions as a member of the Rapid Assessment Team and provides leadership throughout all situations. The goal of the Rapid Assessment Team is to improve patient outcomes by providing a means for rapid and timely intervention of a declining patient.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Must have four years of nursing experience to include four years of experience in critical care.
- May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.
- Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
-Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following:
oAmerican Heart Association
oAmerican Red Cross Rescuer
oMilitary Training Network.
- Must have and maintain Critical Care Registered Nurse certification.
- Must have and maintain ACLS Instructor certification.
Required Tests for Placement:
- Applicants must pass (85% or above) Dosage Calculation Exam prior to hospital orientation. Current Parkland employees requesting reassignment to role must have current Dosage Calculation Exam on file.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Provides care for assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nursing Practice Act, established protocols, multi-disciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards. Provides continuous assessment, consults with other team members as required and provides nursing care which demonstrates patient centered/patient valued care. Exercises independent judgment in providing nursing care and takes initiative in recommending changes to care plan.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in working with physicians, nursing and ancillary healthcare team members. Must demonstrate knowledge of Parkland policies and procedures, nursing standards of practice and be capable of staff leadership.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to provide direction to non-nursing staff, serves as a preceptor, and serve on rotation as a staff and/or Charge Nurse.
- Must be able to prepare and conduct in-service educational programs.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors and be capable of handling complex or clinical specialty care, and initiate changes utilizing independent judgment with minimum supervision.
- As applicable, will be required to demonstrate acceptable knowledge of nursing standards of care for specialty unique critical care area.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
There's plenty to enjoy about Parkland's location in Dallas. Whatever your interests, you'll find Dallas will fit your life well. A cosmopolitan city, there’s a diversity of cultural, sporting, shopping and recreational opportunities here. And with more restaurants per capita than New York City, the dining options are both plentiful and delicious. Dallas is a great place to make a life where work and play, productivity and leisure are in perfect balance.
At Parkland, our professionals are fulfilling our commitment to the Dallas community. Continually pushing forward with the latest technology, tools and treatments, the staff at Parkland provides noteworthy care.
- We're a premier training center for the nation’s top physicians, serving as the primary teaching and research hospital for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
- Our trauma and burn centers are recognized internationally—our regional burn center pioneered skin graft techniques, infection control and nutritional support for burn patients.
- Parkland delivers more babies each year than any other hospital in the country and our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit cares for more critically ill infants than any other hospital nationwide.