Nurse Practitioner Job In Fort Worth, Texas
Nocturnist APP Opportunities AvailableNext Steps... Apply Now
The “City of Cowboys & Culture”
Fort Worth was recently voted as one of the friendliest cities in America, the 17th-largest city in the United States. Fort Worth is comprised of seven primary entertainment districts each offering distinct dining, shopping, entertainment and cultural amenities. Enjoy an average of 245 days of sunshine and have access to dozen of city parks in and around Dallas/Fort Worth, more than 12 large lakes in driving distance, champion golf courses, and dozens of restaurants and shops. Also known for its arts scene the city offers concert venues, off-Broadway shows, museums and galleries.
The Team – The Hospital
As an Advanced Practitioner with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams.
This is your opportunity to be a part of hospitalist services in this community hospital providing comprehensive general medical and surgical services. Featuring a comprehensive list of specialties, this hospital is a leader in addressing the health and medical needs of the community.
John Peter Smith Hospital
- 537 bed hospital
- Established 28 physician team with 4 Advanced Practitioners and Hospitalist RN
- Codes handled by ED
- 7pm to 7am with 7on/7off
- No call
- Closed ICU
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform dictation of discharge summary and procedure reports
- Write progress notes
- Expect to help with min of 5 admissions a night during spike census
- Write orders for inpatient and outpatient medicine
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Texas preferred, but will consider someone without a license
- FNP's not accepted
- ED/ICU experience is preferred
- Not open to new grads – ideally looking for candidate with minimum of 2 years with recent acute care experience.
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.