Nurse Practitioner Job In Dowagiac, Michigan
Nurse Practitioner Opportunity in Historic Dowagiac, MI!Next Steps... Apply Now
Nurse Practitioner / Hospitalist / Permanent / Michigan
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams.
Sound values our advanced practice providers and realize they need a forum to collaborate. Our APP Collaborative was formed to provide development opportunities and to advance the role of our providers who work alongside our physician providers. We offer the same leadership development opportunities for APPs that are provided to our physician providers.
The APP Hospitalist Role
- 25 bed, non- profit, Critical Access Hospital
- 2 full-time advanced practitioners and hospitalist RN
- ICU Beds within med-surg unit
- Schedule: 7 on/ 7 off, 10-12 hr shifts
- Specialty Coverage – Non-Interventional Cardiology (M-F), General Surgery (M-F), Orthopedic Surgery (M-Th)
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in MI and certification in AANP/ANCC. Will consider Family Practice or Geriatric Certification with recent acute care experience. Not open to new grads – ideally looking for candidate with minimum of 2 years with recent acute care experience.
In support of our core values, we ensure our advanced practice providers have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care. You will be involved with driving improvements in quality, patient satisfaction, and aligning with hospital leadership in achieving the goals set for the team.
Exceptional Living in Dowagiac, Michigan!
- Low cost of living makes for great quality of life
- Excellent school system
- Picturesque views, trails perfect for hiking and cross-country skiing and everything for the outdoor enthusiast
- Neighboring Sister Lakes are favorite vacation destinations enjoyed year-round
- Quant shops and eateries line downtown Dowagiac
- Short commute to Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids, MI
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.