Medical Assistant Job In Dallas, Texas
Radiology Assistant SupervisorNext Steps... Apply Now
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Supervises department and/or support staff to ensure effective and efficient operation of support functions. Performs supervision of area activities, assigns schedules, adjusts manpower, generates reports, and completes special projects as required in order to provide and maintain proper service levels. This position reports to a manager or above.
- Must have a GED or high school diploma.
- Prefer applicant that has successfully completed 30 hours of college.
- Must have three years of progressive responsibility in Radiology Assisting, customer service, education assistance, or 4 years of similar organized assistant experience, supervisory experience (patient transporter, clerical assistance, medical assistant, front office assistance, education, customer service, etc.).
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for the experience requirement.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following: o American Heart Association o American Red Cross o Military Training Network
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must successfully pass the established Telephone Skills and Customer Service test with a minimum score of 80%.
- Must have superior time management skills with demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple projects and assignments.
- Must have excellent vocabulary skills and a demonstrated ability in English and grammar
- Must be able to compose correspondence independently.
-Must be able to write effectively.
- Must be able to demonstrate good phone techniques and manners.
- Must be familiar with the assigned function's operations, policies and procedures.
- Must be able to use sound judgment in making complex decisions.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
There's plenty to enjoy about Parkland's location in Dallas. Whatever your interests, you'll find Dallas will fit your life well. A cosmopolitan city, there’s a diversity of cultural, sporting, shopping and recreational opportunities here. And with more restaurants per capita than New York City, the dining options are both plentiful and delicious. Dallas is a great place to make a life where work and play, productivity and leisure are in perfect balance.
At Parkland, our professionals are fulfilling our commitment to the Dallas community. Continually pushing forward with the latest technology, tools and treatments, the staff at Parkland provides noteworthy care.
- We're a premier training center for the nation’s top physicians, serving as the primary teaching and research hospital for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
- Our trauma and burn centers are recognized internationally—our regional burn center pioneered skin graft techniques, infection control and nutritional support for burn patients.
- Parkland delivers more babies each year than any other hospital in the country and our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit cares for more critically ill infants than any other hospital nationwide.